Ahoy there!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Light_Blue, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Erm...yeah.... :munky2:

RAF Plumber here just joined to see if I can understand you Matelots more, rather than just slagging you off all the time!

Don't expect me to start calling the mess the galley though.... :threaten:

:w00t: :w00t:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

GEDDOUT!! :twisted:

(Actually, welcome Shippers! Pull up a bollard and start spinning some dits... as you posted this on a Tuesday I assume you're still on Weekend Leave then?!) :wink: :lol:

3. We like slagging off.

4. Not here, it's you Matelots that do all the skiving!

I've decided I need to do some research on you lot, your habits and traditions are very strange!

Currently working in an all blue environment, so trying to make the most of it and to see if I can learn anything useful from you lot (been 3 years so far and nothing! :afro: )

Cheers for the welcome, erm, shipmate? :money:

5. What like shagging and things - don't the Brylcreams do that?

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Being newbies to this military lark I'd expect you lot to be a bit short on the traditions stuff.

Welcome to RR, question for you though, why does crab air seem to attract the best looking women in the forces? (apart from jenny occifers)

P.s...plumber? do the airplanes leak or something?

7. Are you mad? What good looking WAAFs have you seen? You've obviously never met a female RAF armourer! *shudders*.

On the military side, I'm sure if aircraft had been around 400 years ago we would have been the senior service! :bball: Oh, and we are STILL older than the FAA! (They're loving this tri-service rubbish, now ships company have a new enemy on board and it's NOT the FAA!)

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Being an ex bootie I'll stick up for the FAA, they always turned up to give us a cab ride when we needed it, unlike some.

Out of interest is crab air (incorperating the RFC) the oldest airforce in the world or does france or the boxheads hold that title?

9. Piss off :rambo: :rambo:

We have traditions you on the other hand have Habits and most of those are VERY STRANGE

We have our own Air wing which we can take the P!ss out of, thankyou very much

10. Interesting point, in terms of an independent Air Force, the RAF is the worlds oldest, followed closely by the South African Air Force.

HOWEVER, the RAF were not the first to use heavier than air aircraft. If you count balloons, I'm not really sure to be honest, probably the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

We were the first to do it properly though!

11. Thanks for the warm welcome! Have fun hunting for the golden rivet! :afro:

I love the Navy really, anything's better than the Pongos.

12. What part of We DON'T CARE are you having a problem with???? :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

13. Come on, at least come up with better insults than that, christ, I might go back to baiting the Regiment, at least they're funny! :afro:

14. Gets me wondering who this light blue really is. mmmmmm.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As soon as he corrects your spelling, you'll know... mind you, he mentioned "Plumber" in his into. Could it be... :? 8O :oops:

16. Nnnnn :batman:

17. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Welcome shipmate, the only reason you've learnt nothing is because you aren't listening, probably because "that's the way we've always done it" Older than the FAA? I think not, you may want to do a little research on that; the RNAS may start you off! Just remember in the halls of MoD you are still referred to as Trenchard's 100 year experiment (a mere decade left) :dwarf:

Seriously, despite the banter, welcome.

18. Ah, you see it was a deliberate mistake - I was waiting for you to say the RNAS!

I said we are older than the FAA, not the RNAS! :farao:

Other than that, thanks! :afro:

Sadly for the UK, the only thing that's got a shorter lifespan than the RAF in my view is the Navy, quite sad but anything is possible with this sp1neless [email protected] in charge!

PS: For anyone who is getting a SOH caption right now, all comments are made in jest and are a result of my attempt at inter-service banter. No malice intended.

19. I don't think any return insults/banter is said with malice either.

20. Golden Rivet's one of our oppos here. SHE's a Librarian by Training and a Matelotphile by Instinct... as am I. Mmmmmmm... sailors.......... :dwarf: