Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dogspencil, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hiya all im in search for a new career as i have become bored sitting at a desk and a career in the royal marines sounds hugely challaging,,,just a quick question im about to get laser eye done and then have to wait 12 months which would make me around 25 on joining is this a realistic age for joinig up or do you find its much younger,,,cheers all
  2. you can join up anytime, as long as you are within the age limits

3. Hello :)

Go and have alook around the Royal marines ( Now official forum) forum, it has the answer to every question, if not then ask it on there.
  4. At 25 you're still a spring chicken! Age is only a number. As long as you have the right attitude and are physically capable then you will be fine.

I have a mate joining the Para's at 28. I am off to Raleigh in September and will seriously be old enough to be the mother of the younger recruits. :roll:

If you don't give it a go you will always be wondering what if???

Good luck!

5. I have recently just got out of the marines, the average age is usually in the early 20s, and as it has been mentioned as long as you are fit it enough you will be fine, i am re-joining again but as a diver by the time i get in i will be pushing 29.
  6. So you're saying there's no age limit then?
  7. That's not what I said :?

But while we're on the subject, the Aussies recruit up to the age of 55 for ratings and 53 for officers. :D
  8. But they're a bunch of convicts...
  9. So even the Aussies are recruiting Juniors still. :roll: The Danes have a more mature attitude. If you are fit and mentally agile you can join Hærhjemmeværnet and remain on active service at the age of 80!

Kiwi, please do look after all our newbies here, especially Chico and Higthepig, who need a (still) warm woman's bosom to comfort them whilst they confront the horrors of homesickness. Remember to take them out drinking and make sure they stick with goffers (Hig is unsafe with anything stronger than Irn Bru). At night sit between their bed and read them Finn Family Moomintroll. :D If Hig's hands wander, just slap them and say 'Naughty Hig!' as you sit there is your mock nurses uniform. Give them a large plastic bin bag for their seasickness, and stand well back! :twisted:
  10. Only the one'sbrought in from the Black country into NSW and Queensland.
    None of the other states were penal colonies. :D
    Simples :)
  11. Fremantle near Perth? 8)