age limits for CD's and Booties?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by pjmliverpool, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone think the RN will eventually increase the age limits for Clearance Diver's and Marine's (like the other trades) due to increasing demand.

Im still within the age limit for CD but been told they cant get me onto course before I'm too old.
  2. The RN dictates the demand, not the length of the queue.

There's no shortage of people wanting to be CDs, which would be the only reason for an increase in the near term.

Plus the fact it'll be difficult to get any work out of you if you're spending all your time doing training; CD, submariner, AACC......
  3. This guy is a wannabe Submariner Commando Clearance Diver, do you think he'll want to do the Underwater Knife Fighter 2s course as well?
    PJM ferk off and go play with the traffic.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

pjm, would you like to sniff my nicks? I can always make it easy for you and slot mummy, so you can sniff us both...or can I carry on with your auntie or sister....please tell because granny wants to know.

5. I wanna do the the underwater knife fighter :cry: :cry: :cry:
  6. To rephrase an old statement "Walter PJM I Presume?" Asked you a question elsewhere PJM looks like you blew it Walt! Best go volunteer for the UW knife fighting course - you'd qualify!
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It seems, once again the Royal Navy website is being a bit ambiguous!

The maximum age for Royal Marines & Clearance Divers, upon entry is categorically 32 years of age, however the following is cut & pasted from RN/RM FAQ's on the official website:

The age limits for each branch are quoted on the relevant job page. Rating/ Other Rank recruits must be within this age limit on the day of entry to HMS Raleigh/ CTC RM Lympstone, including the following birthday. For example, recruits can join most branches between the ages of 16 and 36, including the 37th birthday. The Armed Forces (with the exception of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary) have a complete exemption, in terms of maintaining operational (combat) effectiveness, from the provisions of the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006.

This could be interpreted as a tadge misleading and ambiguous advice I'm afraid, as Royal Marines & Divers are not included under the term "most branches".

No wonder we get multiple enquiries from "over age" enquirers!
  8. The MENTAL age limit is 6. Any older than that and you're overqualified. :biggrin:

I want to go on the Marine Underwater Fire Fighter's Diving course. Just to keep my hand in, or tongue as the case may be.
  9. Now MUFF diving is I would say one of those things where you have to be born a MUFF diver and not taught.