Age limits changing?

Discussion in 'RMR' started by ThePunisher, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a Thread on the Arrse TA Forum about the TA max. age limit being raised to 43 from April '07. :shock:

Links have been provided; this does not appear to be a wind-up. :cool:

Anyone heard similar about RMR age limits?

2. I know the age limit was changed a few weeks back.
    Check the thread out
    bbc news
    This news is a few weeks old so it might have changed
    Hope this helps

3. HI YOU LOT, I'M 40 AND HAVE JUST JOINED THE RMR, IF YOUR FIT ENOUGH THEY WILL LET YOU IN!! BUT REMEMBER YOU GOT TO BE FIT TO GET THAT GREEN LID :neutral:

4. Hi laxy,

Interesting reading your last post about joining at 40.

I'm 36 and am feeling I've missed the boat and cannot get into the RMR now. I went to a presentation evening 10 years ago and chose not to proceed.

However - now I wish I could have a crack at it now. But I thought I was over the eligible age.

So - they've let you start the process at 40? Did you have previous military experience?

How are you finding it?

Cheers!

too_old_now

5. HIYA THERE, YEAH EXACTLEY THE SAME AS YOU ABOUT 7 YRS AGO TRIED TO GET IN BUT I WAS TOLD I AM TO OLD !
    I WAS GOING TO JOIN THE TA, BUT WENT DOWN AND HAD A LOOK AND FOUND IT WAS NOT FOR ME.

SO AS A LAST RESORT I RANG A REALLY NICE BLOKE (SGT KELLY) (BASED AT LIVERPOOL) WHO TOLD ME TO COME DOWN TO MY NEAREST DETACHMENT ON OPEN EVENING, WHICH I DID, THEY SHOW YOU SOME VIDS AND LET YOU LOOK ROUND THE UNIT, FROM THERE I HAD TO SIT A ARMY ENTRANCE EXAM AT THE AFCO IN MANCHESTER AND HAVE A MEDICAL AND DO A 1.5 MILE RUN IN UNDER 10.45 ON A TREDMIL.

I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS NO PROBS WITH ME JOINING JUST AS LONG AS I AM FIT ENOUGH, I HAVE NO PRIVIOUS MILITARY EXPERIENCE BUT I AM STILL QUITE FIT AND CAN GET MYSELF FITTER, SO I THINK I,VE GOT A GOOD CHANCE,