Age discrepancy

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Canaldrifter, Jan 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can remember when a three badge FA appeared to be a very old man to me.

He was probably about 32, almost twice my age.

I am now more than twice that age. I can't imagine what I would then have thought of me now.

Anyone else suffering from this illusion?

I am constantly surprised by the state of the grizzly ol' git that stares back at me from the bathroom mirror....

You can tell when you're old. It's when you notice that you smell like your Grandad.
  2. Or you look in the mirror and think you have a burglar in the house.

Best about dinner time when the eye bags have all gone into hibernation for the day.

My father departed this earth at forty three years of age I was sixteen and I thought him ever so old!! Probably where in those days having served in the medical corp etc in WW2
  3. Get a wash then !!
  4. Had one last year.....
  5. Try Brut or is that what Grandad wore!
  6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Old Spice
  7. Well I have decided that when im of the age to smell
    that I shal smell of pearl drops and wee....
    I think that Im going to be the Granny that no one wants to visit!!
    Can just imagine the gran kids now
    "noooooooooooooo dont make us go see grannie shes got a moustache"
    I was lucky enough to have a wonderfull Grandma so Im not going to try and top that...

Just remember that age has no real meaning unless you let...........
  8. Brut was popular among the girls at my secondary school in the 70s, me included

9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you had aspirations of sophistication there was always Aramis.....
  10. I used to splash the old Brut on in the 70's... :oops: :oops: :oops: a teenager :oops:
  11. Looks like you need a mess scrubbing mate! Volunteers with stiff toothbrushes sought! :wink:
  12. Just keep downgrading the age of your missus, you're only as old as the woman you feel, right?
  13. Alternativly get rid of the missus on ebay and stop feeling wimmen. Then you'll be ageless and timeless... or buy a fresher number... :lol:
  14. Toothbrushes! It wuz floor scrubbers in my day!!!
  15. Well if you insist... I was trying to be kind... you can begin by eating a block of pussers hard... :twisted:
  16. I suppose I'd better come 'clean' before it's too late... :D

In King John, Act IV Scene 2, Shakespeare has Hubert refer to "Another lean and unwash'd artificer"