Age Concern

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Snowbadger, Jan 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm applying for Warfare Officer (surface) and currently waiting for my AIB date, I'm starting to get slightly concerned about my age though. I'm 25 and as I understand it I would need to have started at BRNC before my 26th birthday in order to meet the age limit which, with a July birthday, assuming I make it through AIB, puts the September intake out of reach. My concern is that that with May drawing closer, that intake could be full before my AIB meaning that regardless of whether I pass or fail I would be too old for entry...

Just wondering whether anyone else is in a similar situation or knows whether there can be a bit of flexibility regarding age limits?

Cheers

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its no longer called Age Concern, its now Age UK. I thought that it was going to be a topic for us of more mature years

3. Have you spoken to your ACLO about this? He/She would be best placed to answer your question. But yes you are going to be cutting it fine on the age for Warfare officer.

SM

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, thought this might have been a likely dating thread for AFCO staff, but hey-ho.

I'd also suggest it is cutting it finer than a fine thing at a fine thing's convention to be honest, but looking on the bright side: Happy Birthday for July.

5. Ninja ....

thought you were a happily married man?

6. So why are you here? trawling for some of the older members?