Age at raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gotto, Mar 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im 17 and will be going to Raleigh before im 18. Will there be many people my age?

2. I have no clue but im 17 to and will end up joining before im 18, so it mite be common, what branch you going into?

3. Depends on the age group in your entry, that's an un-answerable question.

4. I'll be 32 so will be in the minority with the playstation generation, don't worry about it.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will be 25 so more or less the generation between the last poster and yourself.. Basically, there is a wide age range.

6. OMM

OMM War Hero

I will be 21 :)

7. I'll be 23 hopefully.......

8. I was 16, there were several 16 year olds, with the majority of the rest of the course being under 19. I completed my first deployment before I was 18.

That was only 1998. Such a change since that time. I wouldn't want to go through all that again as an adult.

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You'll all be baby sailors regardless of age. Soak it all in, enjoy it (if you can) and the best of luck to you all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Three generations in 15 years? I don't think that's how it works.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You haven't been to Liverpool have you?

• Like Like x 3
  12. I will be a 29 year old nozzer. (PRNC permitting of course).

13. That is quite a bizarre reply.

Is it that you hope to reach the age of 23, being 22 now, barring illness or injury beforehand? Or that you are on a two year waiting list and only 21 now so hopefully you will get in by the time you are 23? Or are a totally different age other than 22 (anything from 16 to 56) and hope to be 23 at some point / for a second time (or even more)??

14. I am guessing they are 22 and hoping they are not waiting more than a year or something? Because I was going to say I will be 25 hopefully, although if my wait is longer I will obviously be older, booo

15. I passed out early this year, ages ranged from 17-28. On average I would say our intake age was 21.

It depends on what branches make up your class, some branches seem to attract slightly older people.

I wouldn't worry about the ages of other people there, you will learn to get on with most of them!

16. Rachelthree got it in one! Applied when I was 20 and I'm now currently 22 so I'm expecting to be no more than 23 when I join hopefully because that would be an extremely long wait otherwise.

• Like Like x 1