again

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Lynx101, May 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello again, Two questions really, about uniforms again.
    I have seen naval people getting married and such and they are always dressed in uniform. Is one obliged to wear it or is there choice in the matter. Also, I have seen that some SLT's have a white box under their stripe, what is this for?
    thanks

2. I'm sure some other will answer this for you too, but here we go:

Uniform is voluntary at the wedding (not sure why you wouldn't want to though).
    The white box denotes that they have not passed out into the fleet yet (they are still at BRNC).

3. ahhh ok, I always wondered why they had a wee white box on them. Thanks for that.

4. That is of course so long as the occifer is not a blonde female :thumright:

5. I wore rig 'cos I'm a tight-arsed bastard, and would have looked as bad in top hat and tails or (god forbid) kilt and BPC as I did in rig.

By the way, if you were to see 'naval people getting married and such' and they were not in rig, how would you know that they were 'naval people', (unless you knew them personally, in which case why not ask them)?