afternoon all

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by kinross_special, Jun 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been lurking around on the site for some time now and finally decided that I really ought to get involved. Was a dabber officer for a few years but wnet outside last year through unfortunate circumstances (certainly not my choice!). Really miss the fleet and this place seems to be the next best thing to actually being back there. Looking forward to getting stuck in with the banter....

2. welcome...is there enough left in the shaker for another?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to RR, you'll have heaps of fun.

Hmmmn, now down to business.....

These "unfortunate circumstances" didn't involve an uncharted rock, a sleek grey messenger of death, a famous MP, diabolism, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, an unusually low tide, several iPods & a drunken posse of topless page 3 lovelies did it?

Ah well, just thought I'd ask.
    (Surely this has happened to someone other than just me?)

4. sadly not, although the drunken page three lovelies do sound like a lot of fun- I could have got a decent book out of that, especially if that had been the cause of the "uncharted rock" being "found."

5. Glad you decided to join the fun, enjoy.

6. come on then... spill the beans
    or are you one of these attention seekers (like me :D) that likes to draw things out? :w00t:

7. Really no great mystery- I was medically downgraded from bridge watchkeeping and all the other branches (pusser, schoolie, etc) were full so that was the end of that. Shame really, loved the job- not sure what to do with myself now. Have just finished doing a masters and am at a bit of a loose end- hence being on here when normal people are at work!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah Humour! :thumright:

I recognise that.