after training.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gammaguy117, Dec 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all. i know its a long way off but i wondered what happens after you have finished all your training. do you get to request where you are sent or are you just stuck somewhere?

I am applying for MA general service and am about to take my recruit test.

i know the process all the way up until you finish your training.

thanks for all the info.

GG

2. Bit of both really. You can request where you wish to go, and it will (I imagine!) be taken into consideration, but ultimately you will go where required. If, for example, you want to go to Faslane but there are no jobs there coming up, you will be sent elswhere.

I was usually fairly lucky, but others on here will no doubt have had less cheerful experiences.

3. The eloquent way to say it is "Drafting preference." :D :wink:

4. thanks!

im guessing if you perform well you will have a better chance of getting where you want to go?

by the way i don't suppose anyone knows when the navy website will be back on-line as i need to practice for these tests but there is not a lot i can do.

once again thanks all

5. You're welcome.

I'm not that sure that your performance has that much to do with it, as I say if there are ten of you (for example) that pass out together, you will be sent where the jobs are.

I'm sure you will get a more detailed answer from one of the AFCO folk who regularly advise on here.

Good luck.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

7. thanks! i tried a few of the links but i think they are on the navy website and it says the page cannot be found.

some seem to work. cheers