AFPS 75 - preserved pension rates

KATOMYLLO

Hi

A bit confused on how to work out my preserved pension. In the process of sending forms off for statement. In the meantime, any help on finding out how i calculate. Left in 1998 after 7 years service as AB. How do i find the correct rates. Thanks

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Assuming that you left after 1 April 98, the 37 yr rate for an AB would have been 7,357. To work out the preserved pension you take 2.75% of the 37 yr rate and multiply by your length of service (£1,1416.22 based on what you have told me). To bring that up to date you multiply by the inflation factor which varies from 1.768 if you left in early April to 1.6718 if you left in late December.

Lets say you left in early April, 1,1416.22 is worth just over 2,500.

If you need more info or need your forecast checked, join us. See www.forcespensionsociety.org

pwg212

I have just tried to sign up for your website but when I come to the actual paying for it, it says that the billing State format is incorrect, I live in the US and there is only two ways you can enter the state format and that's either two letters, which in my case would be Or for Oregon or type in the full name of the state.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Our office doesn't work 24hrs a day I'm afraid. I had sent an email to the Membership Team (copied you in) by 0750hrs our time.

Latest Threads