Afghanistan Why not just pull out?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Jack_McHammocklashing, Jul 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They say we are there to prevent terrorism around the world

Well self first self second and if there is Owt left self again

Jul 07 2005 were home grown

The money saved from Afghan, could be spent on the Border Agency
    assisted by the unemployed military

No where along Britains coast does anything not get noticed
    It IS NOTICED and reported, the twictchin curtain syndrome, only at the moment there are not enough funds to investigate it

<www.shipais.com>

If they do not have it switched on then something is obvious and can be tracked, If they do have it on then stopping is noticed, and investigated by the battalion strength Border Agency

Illegals or drugs SLOT them, or provide a seaside airbed for return journey

Anyone who videos it on their Mobile phone and sends it to the NOTW then jail them for being a traitor

NEXT Gogs Broon

Jack McH

2. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

*looks up*

SHITERS

levers

3. That did cross my mind. anyway, gash barge seems appropriate, but DL's will do.

4. Well, as Colin Powell said; we broke it so we own it.

If we left now, there would be a blood bath in evened up old scores. The Taliban don’t currently have freedom to “deal†with those who oppose what they stand for. The suppression of “world terrorism†by being there has been exposed for the bollox it is. It’s more to do now with protection and infrastructure re-creation for the ordinary Afghans who just want to live their lives.

5. Well, as Colin Powell said; we broke it so we own it.

If we left now, there would be a blood bath in evened up old scores. The Taliban don’t currently have freedom to “deal†with those who oppose what they stand for. The suppression of “world terrorism†by being there has been exposed for the bollox it is. It’s more to do now with protection and infrastructure re-creation for the ordinary Afghans who just want to live their lives.

6. Well that aint what Brown the Clown is telling us!

7. I think the big fear in No10 and the White House is that if we leave Afganistan the Taliban will rise up again and in conjunction witha revitalised AQ will strike back at the US and UK in particular.

The real trouble is that Shrub and Blair took their eyes of the ball whilst they were playing in IOraq and the Taliban who were almost finished got the breathing space to rebuild and restructure, and now they have anbitions to take over not just Afganistan but also Pakistan which would give them access to nukes.

I think we have no option but to keep going or face a nuclear terrorist threat

8. Bugger! Dii farted just as I pressed the send tit and duplicated my Post. Edit isn’t letting me gash the gash one now.

Anyway, I don’t think Brown actually knows why we are in the ‘Stan other than his former pal Tone put us there. I do think he has begrudged every penny spent on it and his Darling successor seems no better inclined. For what it’s worth, a fair bit of sense was spoken on this programme (although it insists on calling itself a “showâ€); http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/andrew_marr_show/8146455.stm Also, on the Today Programme, this morning we had http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ljmmv

Far more sense than we ever hear from the politicos. I can’t give a clue to the time slot as the BBC have been buggering about with their Site again and Aunty Betty’s amazing electric abacus won’t let me access it.