Afghanistan deserter jailed.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by AngryMonkey, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well glad he fianlly got some of what was coming to him. Seems he got off a little lightly but at least the lads who went when asked can while this guy did a runner can feel better about it.

2. The right decision - however I'm waiting for the Stop the War coalition to complete his martyrdom.

3. Agree the right decision.

4. I`m reserving judgment until I read the book.....

5. So where does he do his time, Colchester or civvy nick ?

6. For 9 months it would most likely be Colly.

SPB might know more.

7. Just watched news it showed him being led away and he was punching the air as if he had been successful at something.

What a Cnut!

8. Good to see that deserters are still being locked up.

9. 'I voluntarily joined the Army in the middle of a war, and the bastards expected me to fight: The Joe Glenton story'

10. He voluteered knew what was going on and what would be expected of him he deserted co's he did not want to fight (most others dont !)co's he had had a taste .hHe got what was coming to him.PLus he went on a anti war demo whilst serving

11. Is there a "Glass House" in Camp Bastion :?: :twisted:

12. I reckon he got off pretty light.....he will do his time, well out of harms way and no longer have to 'stand into danger' as his former comrades will continue to do.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I lost the bet - I had him down for double pay and a Make 'n' Mend... :oops: :wink:

14. Who won the bet, I'll ping them for a round of drinks for you :lol:

15. There should be that's where he should be

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The Provost Marshal - as always. I reckon he's got insider knowledge... :oops: :wink:

17. Total fix, RECOUNT!

He's not the N.ire dude, is he :?

18. Wot I don`t understand is why…....considering that since Mr Blair decided to liberate Afghanistan desertion has reached epidemic proportions …....have they decided to single him out for a jail sentance…..

19. Maybe they haven't UA. As far as I know this was the only [email protected] to go to the press and sell his story (assuming he got paid that is). Releasing this to the press is just a way of warning others that if they want to use the media to further their cause!, it can also be used against them