Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affordable B&B's in Dartmouth?

Can anyone here recommend a good B&B (reasonably priced) for a disabled STRAIGHT friend and his partner to stay for a few days?

Obviously Christian run B&Bs are out as I understand they all require straight couples to submit their marriage certificates as proof of a non-sinful coupling and proof that they've never divorced or lived in sin. My straight friends would not be able to satisfy these strict theological criteria! :(

This is a serious request by the way! :lol:
 
There are a few inns and GHs in Dartmouth Steve,

Try this one or for a bit more luxury this one

Don't know about disabled access for the GH though, but the hotel has lifts.

They're pretty reasonable - Dartmouth isn't a repressive, inquisition-loving Paisley-esque throwback to the Dark Ages.

However, once you get inside the BRNC college walls, things may be different! Only joking :wink:
 

stumpy

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
Can anyone here recommend a good B&B (reasonably priced) for a disabled STRAIGHT friend and his partner to stay for a few days?

Obviously Christian run B&Bs are out as I understand they all require straight couples to submit their marriage certificates as proof of a non-sinful coupling and proof that they've never divorced or lived in sin. My straight friends would not be able to satisfy these strict theological criteria! :(

This is a serious request by the way! :lol:

A "cheap" anything in Dartmouth? You must be joking! It is a lovely place but it is not cheap.

On the other topic I guess you saw the interviews with the B&B owner. I was waiting for the media to ask him "Do you check the marriage certificates of straight couples who want to stay?" Useless press. However, it would be good if some of Fleet Streets "finest" were to stay there as a straight unmarried couple and then print the story...
 
stumpy said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Can anyone here recommend a good B&B (reasonably priced) for a disabled STRAIGHT friend and his partner to stay for a few days?

Obviously Christian run B&Bs are out as I understand they all require straight couples to submit their marriage certificates as proof of a non-sinful coupling and proof that they've never divorced or lived in sin. My straight friends would not be able to satisfy these strict theological criteria! :(

This is a serious request by the way! :lol:

A "cheap" anything in Dartmouth? You must be joking! It is a lovely place but it is not cheap.

On the other topic I guess you saw the interviews with the B&B owner. I was waiting for the media to ask him "Do you check the marriage certificates of straight couples who want to stay?" Useless press. However, it would be good if some of Fleet Streets "finest" were to stay there as a straight unmarried couple and then print the story...

Hi Stumpy,

Too true, but they wont! I'd have less objection is these B&B people were theologically consistent... but I seriously doubt they are. Would they really exclude mixed-race couples, menstuating women or the disabled? And do they always check marriage licences? After all, no evangelical has refused to accept the moral authority of Lord Carey after he supported the civil marriage of the adulterous future Supreme Governor... If only the Christian Institute and Christian Lawyers has backed BA as a non-religious employer for disciplining an employee for wearing a crucifix whilst allowing Muslim employees the right to wear veils? Then their claims to be genuinely concerned with freedom of conscience and religious/non-religious liberty might not ring so hollow.

I feared that 'cheap' and 'Dartmouth' might be oxymoronic! :lol:

Steve.
 
TattooDog said:
There are a few inns and GHs in Dartmouth Steve,

Try this one or for a bit more luxury this one

Don't know about disabled access for the GH though, but the hotel has lifts.

They're pretty reasonable - Dartmouth isn't a repressive, inquisition-loving Paisley-esque throwback to the Dark Ages.

However, once you get inside the BRNC college walls, things may be different! Only joking :wink:


Ooooh... the Dartmouth Hotel would suit me... but perhaps too expensive for my friends (unless I offered to pay)...
 
As ever with these things you will probably find more competitive prices in the villages outside the town which can be a better plan if your mates have a car. That certainly was the case when I looked into such problems when I was there many years ago.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS £3 billion affordable housing guarantee scheme to be operated by Ara Venn MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick unveils huge £12 billion boost for affordable homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Homes England statistics show overall housing starts up in 2019-20, with a higher proportion of affordable homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick acts to safeguard affordable homes during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Queen's Speech: Delivering fairer, more affordable homes for buyers and renters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Developing affordable urban heat networks - apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New housing statistics show increase in affordable homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Smart, affordable global energy systems: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and Kenya Host Research Symposium on Affordable Housing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Malthouse boosts funding for community-led affordable housing MoD News 0
S At last, an affordable cruise Diamond Lil's 0
C Last time a squadron of ships sailed together apart from the Dartmouth Training Squadron in the 1960's Miscellaneous 7
M Dartmouth Intake Joining the Royal Navy 4
B Dartmouth with a stutter ?! Joining the Royal Navy 11
S BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 190
DB583 BRNC Dartmouth January 2018 entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B Dartmouth Married Quarters History 9
D Dartmouth or RNP? Advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B Will my AIB score get me into Dartmouth for Observer Joining the Royal Navy 5
Gas_Gas_Gas HMS Hermes: Dartmouth Training Ship 1979 The Quarterdeck 0
S Dartmouth Questions RFA 5
A Dartmouth Medical Health & Fitness 7
soleil Herald Express: "Dartmouth BRNC Officers Brave The Rain" Bases / Shore Est 33
soleil Herald Express: "Pupils Given Chance To Go Behind The Scenes At Dartmouth" Bases / Shore Est 1
B The Dartmouth Pack History 9
C BRNC Dartmouth May 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
soleil Herald Express: "150th Anniversary Of The RN’s Link With The Town Of Dartmouth" Bases / Shore Est 3
soleil Western Morning News: "Dartmouth BRNC Cadets' Lesson In Leadership From 1SL" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Western Morning News: "Navy Is Pride Of Nation Says PM During Dartmouth Visit" Bases / Shore Est 4
I BRNC Dartmouth - breakdown Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil Western Morning News: "Chance To See Antarctic Patrol Vessel In Dartmouth" The Fleet 0
D Dartmouth May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
U Cranwell Dartmouth and Sandhurst The Quarterdeck 14
R BRNC Dartmouth May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
D NYE Dartmouth Social & Reunions 6
soleil Dartmouth Chronicle: "It's The Best News Ever!" Bases / Shore Est 7
soleil Navy News: "Dartmouth Staff Pick Up The Pace" Bases / Shore Est 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Dartmouth BBQ Current Affairs 5
soleil Herald: "Naval Gazing at Dartmouth Festival" Bases / Shore Est 0
I Dartmouth Mobile Coverage Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
trelawney126 WizbangDai enters Dartmouth Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Dartmouth: Sea Cadets may not parade colours and w/bayonets SCC and URNU 18
C Royal Navy College - Dartmouth Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
TeddyT Dartmouth TV Documentary History 4
TheRowan BRNC Dartmouth Induction May 2009 RFA 4
C BRNC Dartmouth Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S AIB/Dartmouth records History 3
S BRNC Dartmouth 2006 SCC and URNU 4
L Leave at Dartmouth? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Dartmouth Training The Fleet 1
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top