AFCS Tribunal Malarky

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
I've had a claim in with AFCS since Jan 15 was awarded a level 14 Tariff but i asked for a reconsideration as the descriptor didnt match my injuries. Reconsideration came back with the same decision level 14.

Has anyone been to or got any advice on what to expect at the first tier tribunal.

Cheers Aye

Last edited:

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
So I've had a claim in with AFCS since Jan 15 was awarded a level 14 Tariff but i asked for a reconsideration as the descriptor didnt match my injuries. Reconsideration came back with the same decision level 14.

Has anyone been to or got any advice on what to expect at the first tier tribunal.

Cheers Aye
Have you asked the RBL for help? You don't have to be a member for help, just a veteran?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Yes Matey the RBL are my representative of choice but its early days yet so they havent really had chance to look into my case. However they have appointed me a case worker who is organising a meeting to see whats what.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
I Have recieved my response from the Veterans agency which is a pile of documents including medical docs which they will use as their evidence at my tribunal and how they made their decision.
To say its an absolute joke is an understatement. But hey ho lets see where we go from here.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
I Have recieved my response from the Veterans agency which is a pile of documents including medical docs which they will use as their evidence at my tribunal and how they made their decision.
To say its an absolute joke is an understatement. But hey ho lets see where we go from here.
Good drills

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
On to the next step I have a meeting with with my RBL rep this week to go through the whole of the response from Vererans Agency and any other evidence to work out the options I May/May not have.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Update or lack of one more like !
My Tribunal has stalled as apparently nobody knows where my Med Docs have disappeared too.
I've put in a Subject access request but still nothing bit of a joke really as i know how many different people get a copy of Med Docs after a Medical discharge.

Threaders !!!!

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
The result of the Subject access request and the Tribunal office requesting my full medical docs including all medical discharge docs form the VA. Sorry we seem to have lost everything therefore will not be able to provide you or the court with the required infomation. Brilliant

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Wow, that is a [email protected]@ts trick

Well its not the best but it does state that if official documents are lost or destroyed then the Tribunal will side with the claiment unless the seceratary of state for defence can prove otherwise.
So if they are saying they have lost or cant find the requested documents I can pretty much say what i like and its for them to prove otherwise.
And if they can prove otherwise it just shows the Tribunal that they lied in the first place so hopefully a plus for me.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Well its not the best but it does state that if official documents are lost or destroyed then the Tribunal will side with the claiment unless the seceratary of state for defence can prove otherwise.
So if they are saying they have lost or cant find the requested documents I can pretty much say what i like and its for them to prove otherwise.
And if they can prove otherwise it just shows the Tribunal that they lied in the first place so hopefully a plus for me.
That's not too bad then?