Afco opening times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gemma93, Jan 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone
    I just tried phoning my local Afco but no one is in, at least not answering the phone.

Why is this? I thought the Navy worked all year round, I can phone the other services like Gas or Electric and I get to speak to someone =-(
  2. Gemma,

In a previous thread you said 'Sorry to come across as a bit ditzy....'

Why not just think about it a little and then come back to make the same apology. :roll:
  3. But this one has a REAL black cat, or is it only a ginger kitten....We should be told.
  4. I don't think afcos are open at weekends. After all they do have a life. They should be open 8-9 ish Monday.
  5. After this post and the others she has made I'm presuming this is a wind up.
  6. What's going on with gemma93 is someone taking the piss. Have just read "new here" post is it/is not tom22
  7. We have a long history of not-so-bright youngsters asking ridiculous questions. They usually turn out to be thirteen year old boys (or older ones with a pre-teen mental age). Having the name Gemma93 would suggest she is 17/18. Her posts would suggest she is as thick as pussers mince.
  8. Stand By for grooming. She should go far.....JJs basement for a start.
  9. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wet_blobby - Yesterday, 09:27 - permalink
    I reckon we need a fictional newbie, someone young, dumb and female.

Not so much to bait Ninja stoker but more the "helpful" others, Sol etc.

Someone, 17 - 18, willing to show gash shots, and very dumb. Topics could include:
    Can I take my kitten to Raleigh
    Does it matter if I'm a virgin when I join
    Do we get private lockers for...private things

Name suggestions could be

So what you think fellas?

2_deck_dash - Yesterday, 11:30 - permalink
    Do it......

Joe_Crow - Yesterday, 15:26 - permalink
    Don't use "wannabwren". They aren't wrens any more, and a 17 yo would probably not use that term.
    "wannabe sailor haha are women sailors called sailors lol"

It would be good if she asked for opinions only from those who have just been through recruitment or training, so that we all have a good reason not to get too involved with answering, and to draw out all the experts.

Rumrat - Yesterday, 22:39 - permalink
    This sounds a good crack, who is the patsy, I mean person who is the new kid on the block.

'Ditzy' indeed, humph. :rolleyes:
  10. :winkrazz:well spotted Bob
  11. Good detective work there Sherlock.
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fcuk joining anymore groups if the stuff you talk about can be posted by any old killjoy. Seems a bloody pointless exercise.

Such a shame, Gemma was going to start dishing out advice in a couple of weeks, that would of really got some hackles up...:toothy8:
  13. Tough. You dipped. :batman:

Perhaps you would have gained more bites had you backed it up with a photo of THIS Gemma instead:

Nice try, Blobs, but you can't win 'em all eh? Man up and get used to it. ^^ ^^
  14. wet_blobby

Perhaps we'd have had more bites if the conspiracy busters got in on the conspiracy instead of giving it the old " look at me, I'm so clever" routine.:pc: :cyclopsani:

Enjoy telling your grand kids that Father Crimbo is a crock of shite.

Gemma will return, give it time, it wont be via a "group" but the main players will be contacted via PM, keep hunting sherlock....:happy8: :wave:

Good work by the way, you were pretty quick.
  15. Blobs,

It just seems a shame to me that some of those eager to out Walts, trap Trolls and call WAHs should be gathering in the shadows to have 'Fun' at the expense of their fellow contributors on threads other than at DLs.......

I always thought that there were quite enough mongs at large already without having to turn inwards; This site may now look like ARRSE but surely there are not enough of us to start acting like some of 'em and thus risk frightening the new blood away?:-?

Anyway, surely the 'OP' can bin this entire thread if they wanted to?

Luv from Janice :love4:xx
  16. wet_blobby

I'll ask her, dont hold your breathe tho, you know what women are like. ^^

Re-read your post, can you see the irony?
  17. Irony? Like beauty, surely that only lies in the eye of the beholder.
  18. wet_blobby

No, it dwells within this thread.
  19. Get a room yer bumders.
  20. wet_blobby

The fcuking I have in mind doesn't involve sex.