AFCO help?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bearjay, Sep 15, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I recently applied to join the navy. I got a missed call from my local AFCO 5 days ago to take my application further and to book a date for my RT. I rang back but no one was there so I left a message. I haven't heard back, I also sent an email but I haven't heard back. What should I do? How long should I wait to contact them back I don't want to seem to be unpateint etc should I wait a week?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming you have fully completed your application and there are no outstanding queries, you are advised to call your AFCO first thing in the morning as they tend to get busier as the day progresses and deal with "walk-in" enquiries as a priority. Most AFCOs are manned from about 08:00-16:00.

Check you have the right number & email address - enter your nearest AFCO in the search box at the AFCO link http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/Careers/How-to-Join/Talk-To-Us to double check. AFCO email addresses did change recently.

3. Thank you for your reply. I've just looked up my nearest AFCO using the link you gave me and the number and the email address are correct. I'll ring back tomorrow, I was just worried in case they get fed up with me.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I doubt.

My AFCO has had no email (outlook) functionality for best part of a week thanks to the incompetecies of Atlas who have to fly-in engineers from the US to fix the problem. It's one of the vagaries of the armed forces - a procurement organisation that couldn't even procure a replacement for themselves.

A call at 08:30 will probably do the trick.

Best of luck.

5. Thank u :D

6. Otherwise, check the pub next door to the AFCO. They're most probably all in there :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's definitely worth contacting your Afco every time I've contacted my local Afco they have got back to me with an answer the same day

8. Put the playstation controller down and bimble down there?

Yoof of today? :rolleyes: