AFCO - Handing in application forms without NHS Number?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by foxy3, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I've managed to collect together most of the proof on the last page of the form. However I currently don't have my NHS number. Can I hand the forms in without this and get the process kick started or should I wait?

I know I really need to ask the AFCO but I didn't get a chance to call them today and was hoping to hand the forms in first thing tomorrow morning

Any advice apprecaited.

2. Foxy

Give your GP's surgery a call and ask for your number and about getting a new NHS card, if you have lost yours.

3. Also if you ask at your GP's reception they should be able to give you a number to ring to order a new one to be posted to you.

I had to do this and said to the guy on the phone that I needed it for my application, he got it to me within three days so shouldn't be too much of a delay!

4. i phoned my GP for my number and just wrote it down and gave it to my AFCO that was fine

5. Yes you can apply without your NHS card/No. But you do need to get a copy of the card issued and the No. from your Dr's surgery.

SM

:)

6. I had this problem two days ago, go to the NHS website and it will point you in the right direction ref contact numbers.
    As mentioned i had this problem and they got back in touch with me giving me my number over the phone

7. Got my number off the doctor and another number to call to get the actual card. So will go along to the AFCO tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for all the info.

8. Turns out you don't need the ID till the interview. So if you are just handing your forms in without being booked in for an interview no point stressing about the ID.

9. Let us know how you get on at the AFCO, Foxy.