AFCO Form 4

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by scimitar123, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finishing the last few details before I get all my paperwork away for my AIB application.

On AFCO form 4, question 6, there are a series of declarations. One of these reads:

" I have read the Career Guide publication(s) [insert codes] which set out the general terms and conditions of service which will apply if I am offered a commission."

I have every brochure and piece of paper I have been sent throughout this process, but I really can't see which guide fits this description? Am I being an idiot? (probably :blush: ) Does anyone know what guide publications this declaration is referring to?

2. Sorry, that should be AFCO Form 104 (Supplement to AFCO Form 4)
  3. I asked this question a few months ago but didn't get an answer.

I, just like you, went through all the booklets and publications I have received but couldn't find a code.

I took my forms to my AFCO direct. Luckily there was a Navy Recruitment Officer on the front desk who said it doesn't really matter and took my forms to pass them on to the Officer dealing with my application.

Subsequently I've had a letter from the AIB so I know those forms have been processed without it causing an issue.

Just wish they would hurry up and give me a date for the AIB.
  4. So just leave it blank?
  5. That is what I did.
  6. If you don't fancy that then either ring/go to your AFCO and ask for the booklet detailing the 'terms of service' for your chosen role.
  7. I think for all officer roles you can leave with 14 days notice within the first six months. applies to ratings as well. Oh dear- I signed that part so I hope I understood it correctly. LOL.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The forms you may have been given (assuming you knew your branch upon first applying) are the L2 &/or L3 forms provided by your OCLC.

If you haven't been given the forms, then just leave it blank & your contract will be explained by your ACLO.