AFCO closed over christmas?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SuperTed, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, was just wondering when the AFCO closes over christmas. Will it be closed if i go hand in my fitness test results on tuesday? Thanks

2. I dont know which AFCO you are refering to, but why dont you phone them?

3. Theres more than one???? :wink: :roll:

4. I have it on good authority that Ninja is turning to on Christmas Day especially for you, SuperTed.

5. The London AFCO is closed from today until 5th January if that helps

6. Haven't you misspelled your name? Should be 'Supertard'.... :roll:

7. SuperTed , I know the one my son has been using closes tomorrow for christmas and am not sure but i would imagine they will not be open again until the new year.
    My advice is to get any forms they need in the post today and send it NEXT DAY delivery.
    The fitness centre should of forwarded your results to them anyway, my son came home with the results forms from his fitness test last Friday and it said on the form they wanted the results in the post 1st class within 24 hours, so we sent them next day delivery to make sure (better safe than sorry). He rang them to tell them and was told they had got a copy by email from the fitness first centre and all was well, good and sorted.
    If you have any doubts phone them today and check before they close for xmas then you won't be worrying about it for a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps - good luck.

8. After all said and done, even if the AFCO staff do get your form tomorrow they'll do nothing with it until after leave anyway!!! You don't expect them to be rushing your paperwork through on the last day before leave when there's booze to drunk and mince pies to eat? Get a grip!

Leave it until January and enjoy your Christmas

9. Hi,

We close tomorrow lunchtime until Monday 4th Jan. I think most office's are doing similar.

Festive wishes to all

SM

:)

10. I miss the mob.

:(

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

From one's cyber sunlounger in the Maldives (Not) it would seem seem most AFCO's will be closed over the festivities.

Rest assured however, any individual aspiring to join the Royal Navy can be adequately illuminated during the interim.

12. Yup, you guys all need a well-earned break. Go away, relax and enjoy yourselves

Please dont worry about the Newbies posting on here in your absence - Be assured that we will look after them and make sure that they are advised strictly iaw the finest RR traditions :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:bigsmurf: :reindeer:

13. I thought this was about AFCO leave period not local doss houses.

14. Hope the AFCOs have a well earned rest, you do a smashing job !
    I know the help, advice and time given to my son (17) at his AFCO has been superb !!

Best wishes :)

15. You Fcukin' crawling bastard - they wont come in over leave period just cus you lickin' their ring pieces.

16. It is no wonder that young people looking at applying seldom post when there is a fear of being insulted by posters such as notmechief :roll:
    This is a newbies section and as such they don't want to risk being called a
    You Fcukin' crawling bastard
    by another forum member.
    Go and give insults in the more appropriate areas of the forum if you so wish.
    I am only a mum of a 17 year old waiting an interview and asking advice and trying to give some too !

17. Well said moggy - all I can say is that I sometimes get the impression that some posters consider it 'big' to swear when it just highlights their immaturity!

As for the original question my son has been told that his office is closing tomorrow for the Christmas break although I am seriously less than impressed with the way his application is being handled so perhaps the break will do staff there some good - a year on from the initial contact and he's still no nearer in getting even a set of application forms from them (I know the guys on here have been a really good source of info so I'm not tarring them all with the same brush) - any ideas on what he can do to focus their minds ??? (After a week of saying the forms are inthe post he was asked if he wanted to see the AFCO again grrrrrrrrrr!

18. 8O . Stop moaning. Just give it back :)

19. How the F@#$ are Young Thrusters expected to cope without an AFCO for 3 weeks?...Oh christ standby for even more numpties on RR. :twisted:

20. Giving advice? On what? Have you served?

It may surprise you to learn that is an Unofficial RN/RM community site and whilst it is of course regretable that expletives are sometimes used in replies to questions that have been asked numerous times before, it must be remembered that the nasty Sailormen and Bootnecks have had to endure this at first hand from some screaming skull whose spittle gives one the opportunity for a freshen up.
    Perhaps you should take your advice to WWW SalvationArmy.co where I'm sure it will be appreciated.