Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AET. whats in store

smithy_90

Newbie
well foned up recrutment to day and going to office next tuesday. as im interested in joining the faa as an aet or if im to thick for that i'll join as an aircraft handler. so if im joining as an aet what can i expect ??. cheers
 

slim

War Hero
If you manage to join the FAA at any level you will become a member of Gods own service.
As you progress through the ranks you will be recognised and rewarded.
An indication of this follows.

AET Cries out to God whenever he needs help or is in trouble

LAET Occasionally listens to God and sometimes shouts his name down the porcelain megaphone.

POAET Has frequent conversations with God, not always to his (or Gods) satisfaction.

CPOAET Is closer to God than many and has been known to ask God to buy his round.

WO2 (AET) Has Gods ear and frequently carries out Gods instructions.

WO1(AET) Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen, and can also ground an aircraft the same way. Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him. Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time. Can get away with not buying his round at the bar for yonks.
HE IS GOD :p

Apologies to the writer of the original.
 
slim said:
WO1(AET) Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen, and can also ground an aircraft the same way. Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him. Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time. Can get away with not buying his round at the bar for yonks.
HE IS GOD :p

I am yet to meet that WO.
 

slim

War Hero
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
slim said:
WO1(AET) Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen, and can also ground an aircraft the same way. Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him. Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time. Can get away with not buying his round at the bar for yonks.
HE IS GOD :p

I am yet to meet that WO.

What You never met the like of Albert Martin RN or Doug Jerrem, both Fleet chiefs on Buccaneer squadrons.
However the real God was not FAA but Uncle Tom Wikinson on FMAA HMS Ark Royal. When he spoke even the occiffers listened :p
 

scouse

War Hero
Slim same pecking order for the Pinkies. Heavenly Father Chief REA Radley.God PO (REL) Towle. Jesus LREM (air) Brooker. me you and Mitch snotty Rem(AIR)s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

scouse

War Hero
slim said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
slim said:
WO1(AET) Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen, and can also ground an aircraft the same way. Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him. Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time. Can get away with not buying his round at the bar for yonks.
HE IS GOD :p

I am yet to meet that WO.

What You never met the like of Albert Martin RN or Doug Jerrem, both Fleet chiefs on Buccaneer squadrons.
However the real God was not FAA but Uncle Tom Wikinson on FMAA HMS Ark Royal. When he spoke even the occiffers listened :p
Also the line chief 809 sqdn Bollocked many a pilot/observer. CAF(AE) Banzai Whiffing, sent 229 up on its last flight, told the NA the crack was nothing to worry about :oops: :oops:
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
smithy_90 said:
so if im joining as an aet what can i expect ??. cheers

Lots of looking in the mirror, hair gel and comments "does my bum look big in these 4's". And the yearly cycle ends in tears when your not picked for brickwoods. :wink:
 

chockhead819

War Hero
"Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen"

only if he can get his chockhead TD to take the book to the line shack when he's finished his tea

"Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him."

except to chockhead TDs unless he wants broken aircraft & even then said chockhead will ignore him until he's finished his tea


"Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time."

only if he gives early chops to his chockhead TD, Sod the tea

worked on 819 in the 80s, lol
 

slim

War Hero
chockhead819 said:
"Can launch an aircraft with a flourish of a pen"

only if he can get his chockhead TD to take the book to the line shack when he's finished his tea

"Can hand out bollockings to all and sundry including at times those who hold positions above him."

except to chockhead TDs unless he wants broken aircraft & even then said chockhead will ignore him until he's finished his tea


"Can get the hanger cleared of aircraft in ultra quick time."

only if he gives early chops to his chockhead TD, Sod the tea

worked on 819 in the 80s, lol

Chockheads driving tractors ashore :oops: Never happen, 809 used NAMs who had done the tractor driving course (daft sods).
 

slim

War Hero
chockhead819 said:
I take it you must know Dave Proffit? the oldest thumb sucker in the mob

Know him extremely well as does Scouse. I last saw him in 1984 and would love to see him again, any idea what happened to him?
 

slim

War Hero
chockhead819 said:
Went outside 80/81ish, gave a farewll perforance of his folky stuff in the Jr club.

Nothing since

Must have been after 85, thats when I left and had last seen him at Yeovil.
He joined as a junior at Vincent so would have left about a year after me. I always thougt that he would have signed on :p
 
witsend said:
smithy_90 said:
so if im joining as an aet what can i expect ??. cheers

Lots of looking in the mirror, hair gel and comments "does my bum look big in these 4's". And the yearly cycle ends in tears when your not picked for brickwoods. :wink:

Now this made me laugh cos its TRUE :D :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J AET - Whats it like Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S whats AET training like? The Fleet Air Arm 65
0 What workshop type skills do AET's learn? Joining the Royal Navy 54
D asthma for AET Joining the Royal Navy 8
H AET waiting time 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 5
K How can my son become an F35B AET? The Fleet Air Arm 71
J Eye sight test - AET Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
Waspie Potential AET's - your future!! Joining the Royal Navy 3
C AET or WE Joining the Royal Navy 37
C Joining as AET - Career Options The Fleet Air Arm 2
C Selection Interview for AET Joining the Royal Navy 15
Maxpowers AET options The Fleet Air Arm 47
G AET Maths Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Originally Joining as a WTE but transferred to AET, now i am worried i made the wrong decision. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
K I’ve just past my aptitude test and interview for the RN AET Joining the Royal Navy 5
T AET daily work pattern? The Fleet Air Arm 4
B Sideways entry from AET to Aircrewman The Fleet Air Arm 14
M AET experiences The Fleet Air Arm 5
B Aet phase 2 questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Deepfried AET trades on 847 The Fleet Air Arm 14
Maxpowers Waiting times for AET? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P AET Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T AET Phase 2 Training and Day to Day life Joining the Royal Navy 44
Maxpowers AET What aspects of math should I practice? The Fleet Air Arm 52
L HMS Sultan AET Training/ Leading Hand Fast Track Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
L Royal Navy AET 2017 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Maxpowers AET Winchman? The Fleet Air Arm 27
Maxpowers AET Waiting times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
CasinoAceJack AET/Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
L AET's Joining the Royal Navy 10
P AET - few questions. Joining the Royal Navy 15
Mr_Gillette Can you trust an AET? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
shinson Update.....AET Joining the Royal Navy 15
shinson Interview AET Thursday Joining the Royal Navy 4
S AET future career prospects Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Hanzzimmer Further education in the RN (AET) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Rubberised duck Demand for Aet plus medical Joining the Royal Navy 24
F AET Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
TairyHesticles AET - what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J Phase 2-Aet Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Yetiboy48 AET to marine? The Fleet Air Arm 7
M AET - Difference in RAF / Navy waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
P AET Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Yetiboy48 AET waiting times The Fleet Air Arm 14
S AET interview The Fleet Air Arm 6
M AET deployment The Fleet Air Arm 9
TairyHesticles AET - Onboard The Fleet Air Arm 5
S AET Age Change The Fleet Air Arm 4
D AET - Average time before being deployed on a ship The Fleet Air Arm 3
Similar threads






















AET
















AET





AET







Latest Threads

New Posts

Top