AET vs CT

yes, apparently she does take it up the gary and then...........well nuff said......... :D

Well this has really clarified things for me, a lot. I have been tearing my hair out over this for 2 weeks now, since the results. So, it's invaluable stuff, given the 18 yr commitment! Scary stuff and I can't afford to get it wrong.

Glad the cryptic stuff is conspicuous by its absence....truly crap all that biz.

Do you find the work interesting?(ct)......it seems like it can be quite varied. Which is a good thing I suppose, though the idea of being on Sub is not appealing in any way.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
masha35 said:
So, it's invaluable stuff, given the 18 yr commitment! Scary stuff and I can't afford to get it wrong.
Just to clarify:

If you do get it wrong you are free to leave in your first 26 weeks after completing the first 4 weeks.

After that you may submit 12 months notice to quit 2.5 years after completing the Standard Initial Training Period for your chosen trade at any point throughout the 18 years/up to the age of 40 - whichever is longer.

anglichanin

Lantern Swinger
We're all fcuking divs and make Einstein look as thick as your stereotypical stoker! Very Happy (awaiting income from N_S.....)
Whilst that undoubtedly used to be the case in days of yore - i think it is safe to say standards have dropped dramatically in the last decade or so :D :D :D

Again, I know thing a difficult to talk about on here but is a Ct attached to a certain 'home' station/base etc. I mean an AET might go on Lynx and thus base himself at Yeovilton, going away when necessary with the flight. CT's seem to go anywhere and everywhere and are not attached to a ship's company etc. Where does one live or base oneself (theoretically)........? Its hard to envisage a career if there is no clear anchor point, excuse pun....(outside deployments and training)..................