AET to marine?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Yetiboy48, Oct 31, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After initially applying to become an aet and passing all tests except the prnc, I have decided this in no longer what I want. I have always wanted to be a royal marine and due to my parents not being so supportive I opted to an engineering role. However they have had a change of heart and are now allowing me. I am just wondering if it is applicable to change trades this far down the line? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Speak to your AFCO on Monday would be my advice and good luck with which ever direction you go.
  3. Thanks a lot lad
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You are under no obligation to join, even after allocated an entry date.

If you want to change branches, do it before you join.

If you notify your AFCO you want to join as a Royal Marine and are not ready now to take & pass a RM PJFT, let alone the PRMC, you may not be viewed as a credible RM applicant.

Last week only 6 out of 24 candidates on PRMC passed - be aware the Corps are more than 400 overborne so the standards to join are extremely high.
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Lad? Save that term of endearment for your Training Troop Corporal...should you pack the gear to serve in his beloved Corps. He'll love it.
  6. Join as an AET, go Junglie and get your green lid, best of both worlds :)

There was an AEM on 899 that became a RM Officer.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  7. Stupid sod, they would have made him ditch his clicky bed, not only that all his early chops dissapeared

8. Swapped the clicky Bed for a roll mat and a dress ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1