AET - start dates.

Kyle.L.19

Lantern Swinger
Hi, i know theres a few people who are wishing to go in as a AET that are waiting for their Raleigh dates;

Im currently going in on the 22nd of Feb.

Anyone else joining around this time?

Thanks Kyle.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There's an average of 70 new recruits each week joining HMS Raleigh, doubtless there will be AET's amongst them, particularly as it's a shortage category trade.

Hopefully one or two may pick-up on this thread.

Hey catton, i applied in July and iv got my start date in Feb, which is about an average time i guess. It can all be helped by filling in all paperwork correctly and getting it back to the AFCO asap. Simple things really.

Dave_

catton01 said:
When did you all apply, because im looking at being an AET and wondering how long its taken from application to starting?

cheers
It will take about 3/4 months from application/RT to starting at Raleigh. That's if all the selection process goes smoothly (RT, interview, medical, fitness test and security clearance).

SM

:nemo:

gregsnell

Lantern Swinger
31st May for me too.

Gutted 'cos now I'm gonna have to try to find a job for 4 months.

When did you start your application big_e? I first contacted AFCO at start of November but had to wait a month to sit the RT, then another month to have my selection interview. Then 2 weeks for my fitness test and now 4 months before I actually start.

gregsnell said:
31st May for me too.

Gutted 'cos now I'm gonna have to try to find a job for 4 months.

When did you start your application big_e? I first contacted AFCO at start of November but had to wait a month to sit the RT, then another month to have my selection interview. Then 2 weeks for my fitness test and now 4 months before I actually start.
Then the next 22 years or so reaping the rewards.

Small price I'd say. :roll:

gregsnell

Lantern Swinger
That's what's annoying, I can't wait to start reaping the benefits.

I know of someone in the same town (Teignmouth) as me applying for AET who had their RT on exactly the same date I had my selection interview and they had completed all their test etc (except security clearance i assume) before me! Just seems to be a bit of variation between different AFCO's that's all.