AET RT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ellebee, Jan 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my RT in a couple of weeks and I've been told a few different things regarding the score I need to get AET...some are saying it's 70% and some are saying it's 78 out of 120 overall. Anyone shed any light on this?
    Also, is there a minimum score in each of the areas?

Cheers,

EB

2. Cheers, Soleil. I've already had a look through that and that did say 78 but I wasn't sure if that meant % or marks out of 120...perhaps a bit thick on my part but I have had a Uni education and we all know what that does to peoples brains!!

3. Now I've read it properly I saw the answer...great start to my career that. Fail!

4. You are going to love looking through Topic 10's if this forum beat you!!!!

I suggest you go Grubber (Mechanical)!!! :)

5. I work in an office...my mind has been numb for the past, oh about 6 months. Lame excuse I know but I'm sticking to it :p

6. Office job? No way could I stand being cooped up in an office from 9-5. Bring on the Navy anyway.

7. Exactly Joe90! Only about another 13months and I'm out of this place, for good I hope

8. 23 Years as a WAFU, now I am stuck in an office!!!! 8-4:30

There again I do occasionally get to fly in Hercules, call it a flying office!

9. Make sure you revise hard cause a lot of people don't make the grade. You're a graduate, so chances are you've probably been to an assessment centre anyway

10. Cheers for the heads up. Any tips on the types of revision material that would be good? I've got a mate dropping some A Level Mechanical Maths revision guides off...how would that measure up to the standard needed?

11. It's a hard life...but someone's gotta do it, right?

12. You taking the pish?! drop it down a notch... think basic key stage 3, at best. The RT is really quite straightforward as long as you have a basic grasp of English and Maths. Unfortunately quite a lot of people have neither and so the difficulty of the RT gets exaggerated significantly.

13. add subtraction and division and being able to read that's about it.

14. Evidently not the ability to write however, assuming of course you have passed the RT.