AET return of service

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by mclark1515, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been looking on the forums for the AET return of service and I haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone know the length of return of service?

2. Return of service is the same for all ratings. Have you tried the RN website

3. Return of service isn't the same for all ratings and is dependent on the length of their standard initial training period. Ask your AFCO and they should be able to tell you

4. I've read 2.5 years normally with a 12 month notice after but then again I've also read for an AET it is 4.5 years. I'm not too sure what to believe because I couldn't find it on the RN website or information pack I was given. Only thing I found was that you serve for 18 years or till the age of 40 and if you decide to leave early there is a "minimum return of service", they stated nothing else. Will the AFCO have that information by the way?

5. Its something like 2.5 years from the end of your professional training, not sure if that means phase 2 or 3. Then you can put in the 12 month notice

6. its all good, passed my interview the other day. said that return of service was 2.5 years and i was right, cheers though people!

7. You don't think that you will only have to serve 2.5 years before you can submit your 12 months notice do you?

8. yeah i knew the rest of it or i would of been wrong wouldnt i, i just needed to know the return of service