AET question

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by FistFullOfNails, Dec 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought you were leaving
  2. Turning it over in my mind still.

Some of my Oppos reckon they'll be able to get 70k in civvie street after they've done their minimum. If that's the case I'd probably stay in as I'm sure it gets tolerable after a while. If the max is around 28k on completion of 5 years military service though I'd much prefer to continue my original trade.

3. Joining the Navy - or any of the forces for that matter - shouldn't just be about money...surely if you want to be in the Navy, you'll do it no matter how the money compares to Civvie Street?
  4. +1
  5. If the Navy turned around to you in your 10th year in service and said "Due to budget cuts we're going to slash your pay by 10,000 with no possibility of higher pay and we can't afford to give out pensions anymore" would you have jacked in your notice asap?

Everyone works to be comfortable and to provide a comfortable life for their family.
  6. If the above is can bet your ass I f**king well won't be :roll:
  7. -
  8. Lol nice, is that a big swan?

Yeah it'd be sweet to make it to admiral or Sea lord but don't think theres gonna be an opening for a P 2 trainee any time soon!
  9. Mate, seriously, I'm not trying to be funny but surely you looked at the pay scale before you joined up and rocked up to Raleigh? I know it's cliche but joining the Armed Forces is a way of life and you should be pretty sure your personality is going to fit with that way of life. I know you don't know 100% until you get there but there are plenty of guys and girls who would kill to be where you are now - me being one of them. The wages, posting etc etc should be something you weigh up before you take up a space that someone else could have had.

I'm in the same situation as you, I know I could earn far more money in Civvie Street but hey, whats money good for when you work 16 hours a day and have no energy to enjoy it, all the while working in the same place with the same people, doing the same thing every day. It's a simple decision - you want to be in the Navy bad enough that you can deal with lower wages...or you can't. If it's the latter do everyone a favour and leave.
  10. Tbh mate I left a good job to come here and was positive I'd love it I sold everything from my flat before coming here. Sold my quality car, sold all my consoles and PC. Yeah I did. This thread is in reference to how much money you can earn in civvie street after five years service.

Truly gutted I don't love it ya know? Life experience I spose! But then again you only ever get life experience when you don't get what you want!
  11. I wonder who recruited him? if he really is in
  12. Hmmm

I'd take a wild guess and say I'm far more educated than you! So jog on ya stupid kunt
  13. Just leave - sorted.
  14. just fcuk off now your obviously not the right kind of person to be in the mob, and it would be great to serve with some someone who's only half arsed about his job and only cares were the next pound is going to come from.
  15. Shipmate, (I'm actually embarrassed to call you that, seeing as you're neither)

Just get the fuck out. We've got enough dripping pussies as it is, they're called Stewards. If you think that yuou could earn more money then go. We'll all laugh when it doesn't happen and we'll call you a fucking tool.

I'll look forward to the 'I love and miss the navy, how do I get back in?' Thread.

rnrob09 isn't the cnut. You are. You fake WAFU twat.