AET - Pre-training advice wanted.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SuperDob, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to go to HMS Raleigh in November. Assuming I come through my 9 weeks in one piece I'll be off to HMS Sultan for the first phase of my AET professional training.

I'm wondering if there's any specific aspects of maths, physics or anything else worth brushing up on before I go to HMS Sultan.

Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

2. Read through the plethora of pre AET threads on this sight.

3. Jesus H Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Listen to me ,training is nothing like ship life,just ferkin chill and knuckle down and get that part of you career out of the way,listen to your instructors and do as your told,i can promise you that even when you get to Sultan you will notice a differance in the instructors,basic training is a test of your stamina and to see if you can follow orders,just chill and you will do fine,we have all been there (Raliegh or ganges)

5. GCSE Maths is more than enough, keep you gob shut and ears open and you will be fine.

6. Cheers this is pretty useful to me as well.

I'd already purchased an engineering book but I think I'll just have a bit of a skim through as my maff's is pretty up to speed and Phase 2 doesn't seem to sound as bad as us newbs are making it out to be.

7. NOPE!!! doubt he'll help :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

8. Is there any particular parts of maths we should focus on?

9. The bits that you can't do on with your fingers and toes!

10. Blimey Bondo95 well done for useing the search function and finding a post that is relavant that is 4 years old . A gold star for you lol.

• Like Like x 1