AET Phase 2 Training and Day to Day life

I've applied to join as an AET and have my interview in a couple of weeks.
However I can't seem to find detailed information on phase 2 of training at HMS Sultan and day to day life post training.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've applied to join as an AET and have my interview in a couple of weeks.
However I can't seem to find detailed information on phase 2 of training at HMS Sultan and day to day life post training.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Use the search facility on here. I’m sure its been covered. I’d look for you but I’m having a ‘can’t be arsed night’.

Seadog

War Hero
While you are still a civilian, Soliel will do your Googling for you. When you pass out to a Squadron, there will be a Chief called the SMR who will open your BRs (manuals) at the correct page, carry your tools and make your tea.

While you are still a civilian, Soliel will do your Googling for you. When you pass out to a Squadron, there will be a Chief called the SMR who will open your BRs (manuals) at the correct page, carry your tools and make your tea.
My my, you are grumpy this morning, aren't you?

I like it! :D

Thanks for the sarcasm, very very helpful

VG, I was torn between a 'like' and 'funny' - you were awarded a funny in the end!!

If it helps...

Phase 2 largely involves:
- Weekly exams comprising of list-learning, diagram reproduction and list-learning.
- Enforced phys (the session, 90% of the time, will be made up by the PTI six minutes before your scheduled beasting, usually entitled 'body weight circuit').
- Weekly divisions. If you're lucky then maybe one week you won't be on the back row. Don't hold your breath.
- Bickering about whether your class is going to march wearing fowlies or not. The girls will want to. If you're male you will win and the class will not. You will get wet and spend the morning in soggy rig pretending you don't care.
- Being woken up by the foxes. Nightly. They will probably steal your beret at some point or, if you're on the ground floor and daft enough to leave your window open at night, your wallet. To retrieve: burrow under the chaplaincy.
- Wandering around Sultan in your Raleigh pass out hoody thinking you're the bee's knees.

Post Ph2A training:
- Posted to either Yeovs or Culdrose (or Marham, depending on when you go through) for Ph2B. You will ask for Yeovilton but most likely end up with Culdrose cos some 17y/o kid has lied and said he's got a missus expecting twins in Yeovs and they've got 5 houses there. The rest of your class will have disabled mothers who need caring for so they will get their preference over you. You will spend 6 months qualifying at Culdrose posting photos of every BBQ you have on the beach to social media in a vain attempt to make your oppos at Yeovil jealous but inside cursing Pusser for, in your head, seeing you right off.
- Qualifying will involve task book 'completion' and more exams: written and a/c walk rounds.

- After that you'll be qualified and wander round in your Sqn T-shirt at every opportunity.
- You will flight service and clean for hangar rounds. That's about it. Occasionally you will marshal, but the aircrew will crack their own detail anyway so don't worry about it.
- You'll spend lots of time in the crew room watching Jezza or The Chase.
- You will have a laugh with the lads and get taken the p*** out of - resign from the PC brigade, work on your sense of humour and get a check on your sense of entitlement - just friendly advice!

How did your interview go?

... - You will have a laugh with the lads and get taken the p*** out of - resign from the PC brigade, work on your sense of humour and get a check on your sense of entitlement - just friendly advice!

How did your interview go?
Most informative BZ @BlueNewt.

The Op? Possibly flounced off in silence after his Post #10.

That Interview? The absence of any recent reply points towards "Shan't tell so there". Pity really as you have lifted the veil of mystique for him & many others who might be curious, 'specially those needing an angle for the preferred Yeovilton billet...:eek: