AET Maths and Exams Etc.

I know this topic has been discussed to death and I have trawled through the threads numerous times, but I cant find any definitive answers to the questions I have.

When you get to Sultan, will they refresh your maths or expect you to be fully up to speed already?
Is there extra classes you can do if you struggle with maths?
What maths topics do I need to focus on?

As you can tell, I'm slightly worried about maths. I don't think I could bare being PVR'd due to shite maths.

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Functional skills covering maths, English and IT is part of phase 2 training courses.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
Oh, and minor point, but PVR is something you choose to do. Premature Voluntary Release. Key word being voluntary.

You might become more familiar with acronyms like DUDT = Discharged unsuitable during training, or SNLR = Services No Longer Required.
STOP WORRYING!!!!! You'll be fine.
If you passed the RT, and have the quals reqd you will be fine.

If you want to go fast track, knuckle down, revise for the tests, and listen to the instructors. They want you to get you through, not fail you.
Last edited:
Every class has a panic meister, I think I know who it will be in your entry :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
Oh yes. I can't remember from basic but crewies course was Pedlar Palmer. Used to start at 0700, pacing up and down, he would get dressed into flying kit about 5 hours before take off, the rest of us would shuffle into our kit just before the briefing.

Every course not only has one but needs one. Takes the flak off the rest!!!!