AET Maths and Exams Etc.

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Bondo95, Jan 22, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this topic has been discussed to death and I have trawled through the threads numerous times, but I cant find any definitive answers to the questions I have.

When you get to Sultan, will they refresh your maths or expect you to be fully up to speed already?
    Is there extra classes you can do if you struggle with maths?
    What maths topics do I need to focus on?

As you can tell, I'm slightly worried about maths. I don't think I could bare being PVR'd due to shite maths.

2. I wonder if you could bear it due to poor English? :pirat:

What level is your maths at?
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Functional skills covering maths, English and IT is part of phase 2 training courses.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  4. Oh, and minor point, but PVR is something you choose to do. Premature Voluntary Release. Key word being voluntary.

You might become more familiar with acronyms like DUDT = Discharged unsuitable during training, or SNLR = Services No Longer Required.
  5. Just told you on Face Book -

You'll be fine.
  6. If you passed the RT, and have the quals reqd you will be fine.

If you want to go fast track, knuckle down, revise for the tests, and listen to the instructors. They want you to get you through, not fail you.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I got B's in both English and Maths, but it's easy when it's drilled into you at school!
  8. GCSE or A level??

Its going to be drilled into you just as much in AET school, don't you worry.
  9. What about the maths? ? ;)
  10. Plenty of time for that later....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Every class has a panic meister, I think I know who it will be in your entry :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Have you passed the RT for AET?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  13. Get yourself advanced calculus, don't bother reading it but it will help if you have a wobbly table in the classroom.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  14. Oh yes. I can't remember from basic but crewies course was Pedlar Palmer. Used to start at 0700, pacing up and down, he would get dressed into flying kit about 5 hours before take off, the rest of us would shuffle into our kit just before the briefing.

Every course not only has one but needs one. Takes the flak off the rest!!!!