AET interview

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Snarf, Sep 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

Just passed my RT for AET and have my interview on the 5th October, any advice on what I should read up on from an engineer/technician point of view.

Also it says I will get asked about background and home life. My home as a child was far from your Hollywood family life, this hasn't stopped me from being a good normal person but is it something that can go against me?

Thanks for any help.

2. I suggest telling the truth.

Read up of the current aircraft, Mk's, Bases, Capabilities.

Ninja!! Close up :)

3. Yeah I have no intention of lying, I turned out fine and my child hood made me strong. I'm just worried how they look at these things.

4. Many matelots come from unsettled homes. this was the reason for many joining in the dark ages.
    If you don't have a criminal record hopefully you will fit in just fine

5. There was a AEM in my entry from a Childrens home, he used to spend Christmas etc in a different oppos home every year (came to my Mum and Dads one year) he still sends them a card.

6. Another question is about a second maths test for AET I read about. Is this an actual thing and when is this taken?

7. Had my AET interview a few months back, a few things I can remember.
    Current aircraft, What an AETs main responsibilities are, Where you could be based, Why you choose that role, bit about the two new aircraft carriers, current RNAS.

Then a little bit asking about my knowledge and experience in fixing cars, bikes electronics, which I was just honest and said I hadn't had any which was fine