AET Interview- Just a few questions..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by BeccaFutureAET, May 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

Ive just recently passed the RT and am hoping to become an AET.
    Ive bin drawn to this role as i have always had an interest in the way things work and have a very technical and brain. However i dont have any previous experience in this field whatsoever but i am a quick learner and feel i could pick it up. I really do want to do this but i cant help feeling a bit like a duck out of water. Do you think this will go against me in my interview? It is in 2 weeks?? If any of you have any tips, pointers i would be very greatful.

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

2. How many potential AETs do you think have ever taken a helicopter to bits before... hardly any.

No prior experience is required as full training will be given.

3. Just like captainobvius said, you dont eed experience

for the interview, learn as much as you can about the role, be confident

4. Is that the same as "been?" God help you 700 entries!!

Good luck anyway!

5. :roll: Could have a BIG problem getting Q.S. :wink: :wink:

6. All I did was brush up on a little naval history, current & future ship types, current & future aircraft types, what your minimum return of service is, where you'll be doing your training and for how long. Apart from that be yourself and know why you want to join.

There are more questions about your current and past personal circumstances than there are about the actual navy (at least there were in my interview).

All this information is posted elsewhere in this forum. Just remember that if you have a question the chances are somebody's already asked it and had it answered. :)

7. Go in confident and also swat up on your dates and achievements in education. As long as you show a good understanding of the job you are going for, and the Navy in general you will be fine.