AET intake

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by parky173, Jan 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have an interview for AET on january 15th 2013, i was just wondering if anybody knows how long after that i will be waiting for a date of entry? I have waited 18 months since my RT exam.
    Thank you
  2. after my interview i got my date within 2/3 months, and my wait was 10 months, i go in this July!
  3. When did you originally apply? Thanks
  4. i originally applied in jan 2012
  5. I applied in june 2011 but broke my hand in feb 2012, do you think i will still have to wait ten months after my interview?
    thanks for the help
  6. im not to sure about that one mate! i would imagine the wait would roughly be the same but id ask your AFCO when you go for your interview, good luck!
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Once Temporarily Medically Unfit (TMU) your application "marks time" until fit, so places will be allocated to those who complete selection first.

As you've passed the recruiting test some time ago, you'll move towards the top of the list - if successful at interview. As stated above, your AFCO are best placed to advise of a likely entry date, but to give a rough idea - AETs have been allocated entry dates up to July this year, so unless a cancellation drops-in (quite possible), it's otherwise unlikely you'll join before September as Raleigh shuts down for Summer Leave in August.
  8. Thanks for the information. I'll just focus on my interview then and hopefully there will be a space in june.
  9. Passed my interview for AET, got an entry date for november 10th
  10. OMM

OMM War Hero

You got a date at your interview?

I passed my interview Dec 4th and sat my RT Jan 2012 but it seems to have gone quiet while I wait for security vetting :/

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  11. Noo i got my date 3 days after the interview. I sat my rt in august 2011
  12. OMM

OMM War Hero

I see its fair enough that you sat yours a while ago but the other guy sat his the same time as me, maybe I should ring AFCO.

Does SC need to be cleared before a date can be given? (Ninja)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Nope a date can be allocated for first-time entrants ahead of SC. SC is required to commence training but an SC waiver is feasible if all initial checks are complete.

Most branches with training places still available this year are now being topped-up for the Sept-Dec start dates at present. Unless a cancellation drops-in or an extra intake is added, entry before October is fairly remote.
  14. OMM

OMM War Hero

Fair enough, what if I was required to have a residency waiver? Can I still receive a date prior to that being granted.

Even though I'm 100% British but just lived abroad on a RAF base.

15. Don't hold your breath after your SC. I passed my interview/SC at the end of October 2012 and still haven't had any update for the next phase.
  16. OMM

OMM War Hero

Have you been on their back about it to show you're keen?

17. I called my CA before xmas and was just told when we know you will know etc.
  18. OMM

OMM War Hero

Ah, that sucks.

I will be pretty gutted to not get in this years intake.

19. Aye same here. I was hoping when I started my application to be in before I turned 21 in April. Now I think I will be lucky to get onto a divers aptitude before May-June time.
  20. Ninja_Stoker

SC can take anything from 10 days upwards.

Residency waivers can add a few weeks depending on country of residence - Ireland can take up to 12 months sometimes.