Aet Help and advice Please

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Macca86, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, i am currently going through the navy recruitment process and i am thinking about joining as an AET. I would just like to ask a few questions to the people who do the job and can answer me.

Firstly, at the moment i am doing a manufacturing Engineering apprenticeship and will complete it in june, the job is very very repetative and mind numbing as i make the same things everyday, i am wondering is the work of an Aet very repative as mine is now,

Also i am very interested in electrical engineering and i am wondering if Aet is best trade to learn this, and if not which is? I have also considered submarine service as i have family who live near by, what is the maximum time at sea and is it true aboard a submarine you get more responsibilties and learn the trade quicker? i also want to know which career would be best to secure a well paid career in engineering after the navy(such as aircraft work or offshore oil rigwork),

All in all i would just like to know which would be the best trade for me to do, i am looking for one that is different everyday and involves repair, fixing things and problem solving as this is what i believe i enjoy.

Sorry for the long post and i eagearly await any replies and advice.

2. no 1 able to help then? Any one who is an aet give me some info , what hours do you work do you work weekends? is the work varied? where would i be based as an aet?

3. Be patient mate, someone in the know will help you out soon.