AET F-35 Info

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cheesebox95, Jan 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys first post on here, have been on here for a while reading the various posts about being an AET... I have one question about after phase 2. I know you can put down preferences of which a/c or squadron to be posted to but what are the chances of a fresh out of phase 2 recruit being streamed into the f-35 training program. I would believe they are slim.. but everyone can dream!

2. You can only ask, when I worked in the Harrier school they had not sent enough through Merlin training so everybody joining up went to Culdrose. Tabs out for us for 6 months, Neggers trainees :) .
    You can always bang in a request to move later on but it I can guarantee once you get settled into an aircraft type environment it becomes too much like hard work to move!

However I worked on 5 aircraft types (9 marks) in 23 years.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  3. That's the reply I was sort of expecting... I think I remember asking my AFCO and he had a little chuckle and said I would need to get 100% throughout both phases of training to even be considered. I know it is a long shot but I wanna work on the latest tech and be at the forefront of the navy... excited isn't the word haha
  4. Merlin and Lynx Wildcat are cutting edge. To get you prepared start by taking your laptop apart and changing the hard drive for no reason and unloading and reloading windows! That's the modern technicians life.

And keep cleaning it!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. Thanks for the info! Gotta work tonight :( so will give that a crack tomorrow!
    Thanks again!