AET and Maths

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Doosh, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all had my interview last week and passed wooop and gone in for AET was going for ET(WE) but it turns out i got the required score for my original choice which i was happy about and made the hours researching ET(WE) a lil pointless but hey nevermind, my careers advisor said that at phase 2 the maths ability should be at A level standard was just wondering what aspects of maths i'll be primarily be using because i cant see myself using calculus or trig

cheers for any help :)

2. Deja Vu!!!

Surely someone with the intelligence required for the FAA can use the search facility?

3. Ahh cool cheers ninja :)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Recruiting Test score for AET was lowered in the overall score on 1st november which may well explain why you are now eligible.

The required Reasoning, Literacy & Mechanical Comprehension scores were increased, but the mathematics score remains unchanged - it's just the overall score that was decreased slightly.

As long as you pass the recruiting test, which you have, then there's no need to worry unduly about the standard of mathematics required to pass phase two trade training.

If maths is your weaker subject, just keep your brains ticking-over by practising GCSE standard & upwards practice papers.

Best of luck.