AET all arms commando?

#1
Hey am joining as AET but i have always wanted to join the marines, but they just cant give me the engineering training i want do you think i could do the all arms commando course?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#5
I'll bite...

Same mantra: If you want to be a Commando, join the Royal Marines. They also offer the opportunity to specialise in 27 different transferrable trades including technical engineering trades.

If you want to be an AET primarily, there's a chance, but certainly not a guarantee to undertake All Arms Commando Course if the job requires it.

Don't join either in the expectation to undergo training in the other, because statistically the odds are against it happening as you would wish.

At present we're witnessing record numbers of RM applicants & higher than average fails from who seem to be applying because there is virtually no wait to join the Corps.
 
#6
Would i be correct in assuming the CIS branch have a better chance of going on this course, because of their connection with the 148 rm battery?
Just found out about this last night and is something id love to do.. of course, im joining to be a cis within the royal navy as thats what i want to do, but id love to be able to go for something like that aswell
 
#8
notriteintheheed said:
Hey am joining as AET but i have always wanted to join the marines, but they just cant give me the engineering training i want do you think i could do the all arms commando course?
I think your name is a bit of a giveaway
 
#9
WreckerL said:
notriteintheheed said:
Hey am joining as AET but i have always wanted to join the marines, but they just cant give me the engineering training i want do you think i could do the all arms commando course?
I think your name is a bit of a giveaway
Notrit eintheheed. Whats wrong with that?, I like Germans.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#11
Timbo89 said:
Would i be correct in assuming the CIS branch have a better chance of going on this course, because of their connection with the 148 rm battery?
Just found out about this last night and is something id love to do.. of course, im joining to be a cis within the royal navy as thats what i want to do, but id love to be able to go for something like that aswell
If you want to be a Communicator with a green beret, then the Royal Marines offer the most likely route through those who specialise in the following RM trades:

Signals

Signals Specialists provide communications to land, sea and air forces for Commandos in the field. You will use everything from satellite data links to hand-held radios to keep troops in touch with other combat forces.

Combat Intelligence

Combat Intelligence Specialists gather intelligence on potential enemy threats and prepare accurate maps and graphics so Commandos know what to expect on the ground and can complete our missions as safely and quickly as possible.

Communications Technician

Communications Technicians operate the Royal Marines’ state-of- the-art electronic warfare equipment, intercepting and analysing enemy radio activity to gather intelligence on their actions.

Information Systems


Our computer networks enable the Royal Marines to function as a 21st-century fighting force, for example by delivering an up-to-date battle picture to Commandos operating in the field. As an Information Systems Specialist, you will be trained to design and maintain these networks.

Telecommunications Technician

As a Telecommunications Technician, you will be trained in electronics and telecommunications so that you can maintain and repair the Royal Marines’ radio communications links.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#12
Somebodies been playing to much,,,



Is that you turned 18 now? If you have, you'll legally be able to bring the bells in with a bottle of buckie pal.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#15
It's all to do with realistic expectations based on numbers who achieve their stated goal.

As oft stated, most things are theoretically possible otherwise there would be no RN Commandos, but they are numerically few.

The aim is to identify the priority & increase the likelihood of achieving it by choosing a route of entry with the most probable outcome.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top