Advice please

Aggybonk

Newbie
Sorry if this is a repeat but some advice welcomed - My son is part way through application process and was TMUd for childhood Asthma and saw my doctor last June who says he’s satisfied he doesn’t have it now. Reports took ages to get back to Capita and then on to medical officer for review . They say he’s unfit until at least July 2019 due to a prescription of ventolin when he had a chest infection which medic has picked up on using this as the “unfit” reason (only one) He’s been working hard for fitness test and can smash the time for 2.4km have a VO max test recently (scored 53) and have been working assuming the Medic would sign him off as 4 years clear by the time medical came through. If he appeals will that hold things up or should he just start again in August and hope for a speedy process next time round. By the time appeal is read it’s gonba be close to July in any case I reckon. He’s going to see the AFCO for their advice but would welcome views on what’s best. Sorry for long thread
 

Aggybonk

Newbie
OK Thanks -I think that will be the basis of appeal but threads suggest these can take a long time and wondered if just easier to wait and start process again as it’s only 3months to accepted date for 4years clear. That said he tells me our GP has experience of military examinations too and told him clearly he’d deem him fit. He’s going to speak with AFCO monday
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

New Posts

Top