Advice Please: Spanish Spirits (no, not spooks).

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Sep 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps (and chapesses), I would appreciate your knowledge please.

Is the seal on the stopper/cap shown in the picture on all Spanish produced spirits, even those sold overseas or is it Spain internal sale only?

On the other side is a serial number.

The second question is do all Spanish spirits have the plastic anti alcy insert or, again, home consumption only?
  2. I can say that all the bottles I have seen have the seal, and no they don't all have the plastic thing as it depends on the brand.
    It is by the way easy to remove the plasticky thingy with not a lot of effort.
    Just a point depending on where you are talking about - the Canary Islands are not in the EU but something akin to our Channel Islands.
    Good luck with the Soberano!
  3. All spirit bottles have the sticky label, some blue, some red (don't know why, different tax rates?). The really cheap 'local' spirits, such as the gin I get from Lidl, does not have the plastic poury thing. These I believe are to stop naughty bar owners topping up expensive branded bottles with much cheaper brews. As if.......

All the bottles we get from Gib have no sticky and no plasticky thing, but we can only bring out 1Lt each, each time........ (right!)

Sussex, I keep breaking the plasticky trying to get them out - how do you do it?
  4. Yes I put two and two together when I saw the second post - basically if your bottles are sudenly seal less and the plastic thingy is gone, then there is about a 99 percent chance someone has been at them.