Advice & Peace of Mind

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, Dec 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

After having read most of the posts on this here site, i thought i would part with some wisdom for the Newbies & Civvies.

Newbies. Please think before you post a topic. If you go into the newbies forum and go through it, you may well find that your question has been asked by someone else and answered. I wouldn't have a clue what you are going on about as my experience of a ship was getting shitfaced on the HMS Ambuscade down in the Falklands in late '91. Obviously, a quick search will prevent you getting abused by the experienced chaps on this site. There is nothing wrong with asking a question, but please take the time to engage your brain before you do. If you do this, you may find a plethora of help and experience at your disposal.

Civvies. Everyone has something to bring to a party, and you are no exception. However, just because you may subscribe to the Navy News, it doesn't make you an expert in everything Naval. Winding it in a bit will also prevent your posts getting crayoned over by the die hard loonies on this site.

Diamond Lil's. There is no point in moaning because you don't agree with what some people are saying in this particular forum. Read the warning before you enter. You wouldn't drink bleach then moan that it makes you feel like shit would you? Exactly. If you don't like or understand the humour, go to another forum.

RAF. Just fuck off.

If i can assist anyone else with any problems that they may have, please feel free to ask.
  2. Think you've given them too much consideration BR, they are not worthy of your advice short and to the point as it is...
  3. Blackrat

Maybe so but i fancy myself in the role of some sort of Agony Uncle. Maybe i'll get lucky and have a problem from a crab?
  4. Pongos. It's not the HMS AMBUSCADE, it's HMS AMBUSCADE. A common error traditionally made by west country TV presenters :thumbup:
  5. Blackrat

Thank you for correcting me old chap. You see, what would i know? At least i spelt it right i suppose.

And Jimbo, i'm bang up for that and willing to offer advice for any problems you may have. Free of charge of course.
  6. Blackrat

You say that now. Give it time.
  7. You haven't lived until you've been affectionately launched out the window of the Captain's cabin by an enormous and overly friendly Falklands vet.

Or kicked up and down the cobbles outside of Sax two's or whatever it's called by happy bouncers.
  8. Well it is coming up to Christmas, that would be more than a gift for you, it would be a gift for us all...
  9. You can get ointment for that
  10. Blackrat

Ah. The love of the Falklands vet. A lot of our instructors in Junior Leaders had served on Corporate and were quite clearly insane. How they got away with their kickings of us were a mystery to all. Absolute loonies to a man.

And learning my street fighting trade in Germany where those really nice panzer mechs of 5 Armoured Workshops cornered me outside a bar, cracked my cheekbone and left me with a scar under my left eye, the chopsy fucks.
  11. As Guzzler has introduced an educational function;

Please note that it was Op CORPORATE, as per JSP101 Ch 6 Para 3.a.

Anyway, now the good Book has been demoted to a "guide", we can all write any way we bloody want. They'll introduce a chapter on "standard txt spk" next.

I've annoyed myself now.
  12. Blackrat

Good point. As was Op Granby, but i refer to it as Granby as it gives me more drinking time.

13. As we say in 22. If you can talk about it, you weren't really there :wink:
  14. If I ever wanted help or advice I used to ask my DO :lol:
  15. Blackrat

But i have more compassion.
  16. I'm pretty certain my old man was one of the chefs on board around that time. If there was alcohol he'd have been there....
  17. Blackrat. Good point. Think of all the additional drinking time you saved by not reading JSP101 Ch 6 Para 3.a; use of capitals for Op/Ex/projects. :D