Advice on joining with mild turrets syndrome

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by rmAET, Oct 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my cousin is 16 and hoping to join up, however im pretty sure he suffered from mild turrets and sometimes twitches when he is nervous, im also sure i'ved worked with a lad who had this and he is still in, but what are the restrictions on joining?
  2. mild turrets. Mmm - A? B? or X & Y?
  3. come again?
  4. I would imagine ballistic and one or two others may be best qualified to answer this one.
  5. Oh dear. We're in for a long night... :lol:
  6. .....just fires up, without swearies??
  7. turrets as in gun rmAET now if you are on about Tourette, well you cannot ram a 4.5" shell in one of those, not without getting done for bullying anyway
  8. With turrets his should become a gunner :p
  9. however you spell it- the condition where people twitch
  10. Did you actually get to join the RN on 5th Oct?

If so, ask the staff about A,B & X & Y turrets, bound to be one there who can remember.

Or is this a WAHH?

Confused of Hamptonshire.
  11. yes mate, im a wafu so turrets dont mean a thing to me
  12. Ask the Staff. RR answers are as reliable as PM Broons's prudent promises.
  13. Even a Wafoo is part of the Royal Navy. Do start learning: then you can share some of the pride that others before you have prepared for your inheritance.

Is your cousin perhaps a birdwatcher? If he is thats OK, so is Jolly Jack (or he used to be, once upon a time in the days of turrets, etc....)
  14. At least he'll be easy to train.
  15. Joe you crack me up :laughing5:
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That would be a twitch then.

Tourettes sufferers also call the bit *dogs cocks* where they swear a twitch or is it *fatpigstwats* a tic? I can never remember *youboringfuckingtwat*. I'm sure your mate will be fine. Hope that helps.
  17. "MIld Tourettes" is that where he just shouts "Blooming Heck!!" or "My Gosh!!!" instead of "Phuq sh*t pi** Wa*k !!!" :p
  18. Hey steady on there shippers myself and the Rat resemble that remark! :wink:
  19. "fcukpigshitsuckerbollocks"
  20. Any psychiatric condition present at the time of assessment is a bar to entry.

Therefore your cousin's Tourette's syndrome (George Gilles de la Tourette, 1859-1904) will prevent entry to the RN, or any of the Armed Forces.