Advice on joining with mild turrets syndrome

my cousin is 16 and hoping to join up, however im pretty sure he suffered from mild turrets and sometimes twitches when he is nervous, im also sure i'ved worked with a lad who had this and he is still in, but what are the restrictions on joining?

rmAET said:
my cousin is 16 and hoping to join up, however im pretty sure he suffered from mild turrets and sometimes twitches when he is nervous, im also sure i'ved worked with a lad who had this and he is still in, but what are the restrictions on joining?
mild turrets. Mmm - A? B? or X & Y?

turrets as in gun rmAET now if you are on about Tourette, well you cannot ram a 4.5" shell in one of those, not without getting done for bullying anyway

rmAET said:
yes mate, im a wafu so turrets dont mean a thing to me
Even a Wafoo is part of the Royal Navy. Do start learning: then you can share some of the pride that others before you have prepared for your inheritance.

Is your cousin perhaps a birdwatcher? If he is thats OK, so is Jolly Jack (or he used to be, once upon a time in the days of turrets, etc....)

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
rmAET said:
however you spell it- the condition where people twitch
That would be a twitch then.

Tourettes sufferers also call the bit *dogs cocks* where they swear a twitch or is it *fatpigstwats* a tic? I can never remember *youboringfuckingtwat*. I'm sure your mate will be fine. Hope that helps.

A

angrydoc

Any psychiatric condition present at the time of assessment is a bar to entry.

Therefore your cousin's Tourette's syndrome (George Gilles de la Tourette, 1859-1904) will prevent entry to the RN, or any of the Armed Forces.

Latest Threads