Advice On Hms Sultan

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Davem1379, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, im due to go to Raleigh on 7 Feb which i'm really happy about. Im hoping to become an ME at Sultan afterwards..

Question 1) Can you take laptops to Sultan?
    Question 2) I'm the best man at a wedding in Scotland at the end of May, will i be able to get leave to get to the wedding as it is on a Friday and would need leave on Wed/Thurs?
    Question 3)When does Sultan go on summer leave?

Anyone with any info on the above please reply. :p :

2. Cheers, just brought an expense laptop but if i cant take it there i may as well send it back instead of it gathering dust at home. Thanks for reply.

3. You can take personal belongings to phase 2 like a laptop, even a car. You will need to have a way of securing it, though.

4. Cheers, thats good to know. Will the lockers provided be enough security though?

5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

1. Yes, there's free WI-FI too.
    2. Probably not, though see previous answers also.
    3. Concur with above.

Enjoy Sultan.

6. Free WI-Fi, that good to hear..

7. You'll have to use the bridge to get to the technical site - only Chiefs and above are allowed to cross the road!

8. They have a bridge now :?: 8O

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I reckon it would be better for fitness and morale if all trainees crossed the road,,,

[​IMG]

10. Don't [email protected] any of the locals on a Bop Night. Got my first dose there 1984. !!!

11. BOP nights are a waste of time now anyway, bar shuts at 12 and your lucky if theres even 10 civvie birds in there.

12. There's 2, there's a new one behind the SR's mess

13. Sure would with the amount of traffic that goes down there and the psychotic drivers in Gosport. I should know, I live round the corner from Sultan. :D

And its true, they have 2 bridges now.

14. A bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recall being at Sultan and crossing the road, and regularly walking up towards the wardroom. A pleasant "stroll" with interesting and attractive views. If I timed this right I'd ALWAYS cop a sight of my D.O. (and quite often others) on a bike flashing there stocking tops and sussys. Oh happy days indeed.....I think I'm needing to lie down now somewhere dark.

I had better clarify my D.O. was a very gorgeous 2nd Officer, (and yes I would given half a chance).

15. Free WI-FI? and we have to pay for it in Drake?
    bullshit!

16. Sure glad you cleared that one up quickly Oomallac. :oops: :D

17. Sega, can you imagine what the response would have been if I hadn't.......... doesn't bear thinking about.

18. It would have been forum suicide :D

19. You might do well to check it hasn't moved to South wales by then!!!!!!!!