advice on decorum needed........

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by brazenhussy, May 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a VERY serious ??

How can i politely tell a person who is higher up at work than me " you are a knob"--- without actually being as blunt as to say "you are a knob!!"--- I both like , and want to keep my job!! :threaten:

2. Say nothing, just smile sweetly, and speak softly.

3. How about:
    " Do you believe there should be a sytem of open discussion within the company"?
    "Yes? - Good! so do I, I think you're a knob!!" ---- said with a disarming smile of course.

:)

4. "If i only thought things then it would`nt do any harm, would it? I think you`re a knob.

5. This is good advice ..
    Keep your own counsel, be patient, all fools trip themselves up.

6. Find someones workstation that is unlocked. Send knob an email to that effect. Sit back and watch the fireworks :evil5:

On a more serious note, I'm with higthepig & sussex2 on this.

7. toddle off to your local internet cafe or library, sign your self up for one of those anonymous free email services, send messages as appropriate… hours of fun.

8. Or better still, if you can get on their e-mail account (do they ever leave their PC unattended) and send one from the knob to the knob, it really fecks them up, not that I have ever done it of course, but if I had it would have went something like this

'do you know what we are, yes you and me, we re the same person after all, we are a total and utter tosser'

You should have seen the look on his face, and he didn't utter a peep, especially as it was against Co policy to leave a PC logged on and unattended.

9. That is exactly what you should do, at least until you can hand out an old fashioned rembrant sesh at the "xmas par-tay" :)

10. Just address a letter to Mr Knob c/o etc,etc and go and say as you hand it to him,"i think this must be yours"

11. B-H

Does it really matter, you have already met many and no doubt in the next 30 years of your working life you are going to meet many more. If it is important to you that with each one you need to find a way to vent your feelings you are never going to be much of an employee yourself just another "Knob"

Nutty

PS Have you thought he may just have the same opinion of you?

12. Treat him accordingly. Just do your job and let him do his. No need for anything else really.
    Debts all ways get paid, and not necessarily in gold.
    RoofRat

13. With all due respect Sir/Ma'am.................................

14. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Indeed.

Rule 163.2

"Just because you call them 'sir', doesn't mean you like them."

Be polite and respectful to the point of suspicion, then plot their downfall covertly. Don't ever confide in anyone your plans. Keep everything to yourself, research your quarry effectively and thoroughly. You will need as much information as possible but do not compromise your position by holding this stuff on your person of your media. Then bring the fucker down via attrition, steal or break vital apparel, deny the fucker his functionality, symapthise when he makes you aware of these things happening but do not offer likely perpetrators - the 'Who would do this to you? I can't think of anyone who dislikes you enough to do this,' approach. Then move onto junk mail, then volunteer addresses in 'research' sectons of forms you fill in.

Then finally, crop off a fat, peanutty length of slimy poo in his desk drawer, preferably before a holiday period.

Hope this helps.

Levers

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Cooo-eee, Levers, time for your medication again dearie....

16. BH, if your in the Service, keep your head down, do your job and wait for your draft chit. If your not, look for a new job, but the grass aint greener on the other side.

17. Just ignore the little shite. Hig knows best (on this matter at least) & Sussex of course.

18. Let them dig the hole and watch them fall into it. You can then take great pleasure in filling the hole up!

Semper Strenuissima.

19. BH. You said that this was VERY serious. Is it just your opinion that this guy is a knobhead or is he actively stopping you from doing your job? If it's just your opinion, then 'suck it up buttercup', he's not going to be the first nor the last. If you show him your rattled he will keep on doing it. Just concentrate on what you have to do and ignore it. If however, he is actively stopping you from doing your job or you feel bullied in anyway, you should have a look at your grievance procedure at work. Right I'm off to spend the rest of my night duty with knob-heads, tw*ts and to**ers (and that's just the medical staff :) )