advice needed!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lucy_, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions i have!..
    i'm looking to join as an officer, have recently had my candidates presentation and have been given all my forms to fill in, but I'm not looking to join until after college (2 years yet!! :() or even uni.

i'm still not sure which branch i'd like to go in - it'd be either marine engineering of warfare, will they mind if i'm not too sure yet?

is there anyone out there recieving the college bursary? what are the requirements?
    alsooo! at the moment i have my psychometric in about a month, is it worth doing my fitness test after that if im not joining for a few years?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Bursaries & Scholarships are awarded to the top scoring applicants at AIB in very limited numbers to those that have excellent academic grades.

If you wish to apply for a 6th form scholarship (£1050 p.a) you should apply at 15 yrs 9 months in year 11.

You need to know what job you want to apply for before undergoing selection.

If you want to apply for a Bursary, apply whilst in your A2 Level year. If you pass AIB high enough to earn a Bursary it's £4K p.a. for engineers, £1500 p.a. for Warfaries.

The PJFT is valid for 12 months only.
  3. ahh okay,
    thanks a lot!