advice needed (mom of future AET)..!!

Stand_Still

Lantern Swinger
I come from the South but now live not too far from Wolverhampton and, like Ninja I find the use of the word mom annoying. I will use 'local' words and sayings but NOT that one.

kizzy212

Came home to lots of replys from my post. Hoping for lots of info. But read this lot instead. It has made me laugh. So many opinions and difference in the word describing our mothers.

Yes Im a mom. I come from by dudley in west midlands. (Nick named The Black country)

Ive been brought up with the term mom and also the word grandma used for a grandparent. Love to hear views on that.

My mom moved to newcastle some years ago and I find it very strange that they refer to moms as mams.
Even in card shops up there, Buying a mom or grandma card is impossible.

Each to there own I say. Ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Waspie

War Hero
Just another Americanism that has bastardised our language!

It was all so simple when I were a lad. Mam's from up North and Mum's down Sarf!!!!

Then we were invaded by American TV and loads of odd things started happening.

Oh me - Oh my!!!!

Guzzler

War Hero
But it's not Waspie, that's what's being gotten* at. It seems most likely that as we were here first, the midlands/west midlands use of the word predates the use of it in the States.

*Yes. I know. Middle English originally though.

Waspie

War Hero
But it's not Waspie, that's what's being gotten* at. It seems most likely that as we were here first, the midlands/west midlands use of the word predates the use of it in the States.

*Yes. I know. Middle English originally though.

I thought middle English was Tolkein or was it middle earth!!!

Whatever!!!