Advice for my friend please !

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kyle.L.19, Jan 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi again,

My friend got sacked today along with some other people at a part time job at Morrisons, we are all 19 years of age. He got sacked for standing in the warehouse on pallets whilst some people took pictures of him for fun.

Now my question is, will this be any problems for when he applies for the Royal Navy in a couple of months? maybe in the interview or whatever? hs really worried.

2. Not as worried as I am Mate.
  3. Why what you worried about? lol
  4. He's fecked it mate. Sorry to be so blunt but the navy don't like any of that ''funny bussiness'' especially in Morrisons. He does'nt stand a chance with the Interviews or security checks when they find out he's been mucking about with his trousers down on pallets stuffing blackpudding up his ringer in the warehouse of a well known family shopping establishment whilst his papperazzi pals take lewd shots of the sordid sex act!!!
    My only advice to your mate now is to join the Foreign Legion....
  5. Oops

Edited to announce to the world that im retarded
  6. Have PM you mate. :thumright:
  7. Chico.

Are you in the Navy yet? Are you standing in for Ninja stoker??
  8. Is this your 'hypothetical' friend that is standing in for you?!
  9. I think he should approach Morrisons HR department and ask what they are likely to put in a reference,some companys will just state date worked as referencing is a nightmare legally,alternatively find a friendly tradesman and ask him to state you worked for him foe a few years thats only following what our poeple loving policticians do rock on Peter Hain
  10. unless your friend was planning to overthrow the govt with pictures of him on pallets he should be ok. i think as long as hes not thinking about eating someone or stealing a car (committing a more serious no-no.)they dont care.
    if hes got a criminal record with minor offences he might have some problems but apart from that. no record = no questions. but dont quote me on that;)
  11. When i PM you did it help?
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Were they pallets of weapons-grade Plutonium? If so there might be an issue...! 8O :oops:
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

"Dear God, please let me interview Kyle's friend. I promise to be good & stop putting washers in the collection next Sunday. Amen"
  14. Hey if Chico is PMing him it will be alright, I am sure that Chico's nuggets of wonder will smooth any rough times that may have ben ahead for the Morrisons Mooner.
  15. This is right what i told him to do. I said on the application it asked why you left your old job as it does ask that. So i told him the details to his local AFCO and told him to email them and ask or phone them, is that right?
  16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've just been asked to drive a big fcuk off lorry to morrisons on Saturday, hopefully it'll be the store that you all work in. Tell yer mate I have 16 wheels, 8 in, 8 out, there'll be sod all left of him if he wants to disapear.
  17. hi you can put in personal references ie deparment manager at store and also teacher or tutor. Morrissons cant give you a bad reference they dont also have to provide. I used a personal refrence for mine my deparment manager, and a local goverment officer i feel personal references are better anyway.
  18. I wonder if this is the same boy wonder who asked the 85 year old gentleman for I.D. for a bottle of sherry.
    Morrisons seems to be able to pick 'em.
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorry to contradict Hoppy, but Morrisons or any other employer are at liberty to give as bad a reference as they wish as long as it's true. Many employers do opt just to confirm that you worked for them, but if you were sacked, they are entirely correct stating the reason why.

Your department manager if it's where you work, whilst you may consider him/her a friend, is also your employer and is classed as an employment reference. a teacher is classed as an educational reference, not a personal one. If you are within 3 years of leaving school or a college we will write to the Head or Principal for a reference anyway.
  20. I think we should wait for Chico to confirm this one Ninja, Are you there Chico?........ He must have his head in the application forms.