advice for a navy relationship

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Bel98, Feb 21, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya,

My boyfriend is due to be leaving for Raleigh in September of this year and has his pre joining course in July (luckily we have a lovely last summer!). He will hopefully be training as an air engineering technician. Does anyone have any information or advice about what their partner's leave or allowance for contacting loved ones is? Or any other advice or information they found useful or interesting?

Thank you! X
  2. I leave for Raleigh in 2 weeks,
    i know you can use your mobile phone out of work hours (if you get time!) and if you are training and a holiday period comes along you get it off for example i get 2 weeks off for easter.....which i would prefer not to have id rather get it over with.
  3. @AshR i agree having 2 weeks off in the middle would break the flow a bit! I know you're allowed to use phones at Raleigh but I'm hoping outside of working hours will be the same as outside of my working hours! Thank you x
  4. Don't bank on it. Phone bans are quite common.
  5. I'll bare that in mind thank you! Is that when they get in trouble at training? @Drakey

Bel x
    • Like Like x 1
  6. One trainee messes up - the whole class pay the price.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

My lad has his phone taken away more than he had it :(
    He just needs to get through the ten weeks then they even get lunch hours to text in phase 2 lol
  8. uh oh. oooh bring on phase 2 then! 10 weeks will fly by for him. @Drakey @Zeb
    • Like Like x 1