Advertising Submarine Service

I was thinking about the lack of submariner applicants and came to the conclusion the service is just not advertised enough. Never really see much about it except that naff advert...why not show it more in depth i.e promotion, pay, parades, families days, comradeship, the PRIDE and also life NOT on duty/ops? Most civvies are clueless about forces life as it is and think its 24 hours a day 365 days a year work, and are not aware of the 'playing hard' side of things. Seems silly because if more people knew what life (in all forces i suppose) was like and the benefits/life experience that could be gained from being in there would be a queue right up the road from AFCO! You would think a life of adventure would be a dream for most young people instead of standing on street corners wasting away, or doing the same, badly paid job day in day out. Strange. Todays youth maybe?

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
i watched the RN Two Six video yesterday on RNcom and there was a little bit about submarine recruitment on there . hang on ill find it and post link ....

TheRoy said:
I was thinking about the lack of submariner applicants and came to the conclusion the service is just not advertised enough. Never really see much about it except that naff advert...why not show it more in depth i.e promotion, pay, parades, families days, comradeship, the PRIDE and also life NOT on duty/ops? Most civvies are clueless about forces life as it is and think its 24 hours a day 365 days a year work, and are not aware of the 'playing hard' side of things. Seems silly because if more people knew what life (in all forces i suppose) was like and the benefits/life experience that could be gained from being in there would be a queue right up the road from AFCO! You would think a life of adventure would be a dream for most young people instead of standing on street corners wasting away, or doing the same, badly paid job day in day out. Strange. Todays youth maybe?
Why didn't you say! :razz: Place adverts in Gay Times and the RN will be inundated! ;) I have this odd feeling that this would not be wholly desirable! :lol:

:pukel: lol the land opportunity no longer exists for The Roy...I am now a look after your own, white, heterosexual-ist. Its an exclusive club for normal humans.
Imagine being as ripped as that guy on cover pmsl youd be scared to eat a burger.

scabz

Lantern Swinger
BillyNoMates said:
Sometimes, just flicking the ON/OFF Switch
is not necessarily the way to correct a snag.
(We do have a very warped sense of humour)
...and a very successful ad, apparently.

Pmsl I think weve digressed...glad to see the tradition of taking feck all seriously being fully enforced lol. Cant beat it! (civvies take note)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NZ_Bootneck Site Issues 13
PartTimePongo The Fleet 0
Bad CO Site Issues 22