Advertising banners

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by Polto, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are we allowed to use advertising banners in our signature? If so, do we just add them through the normal edit signature facility (copy & paste from source)?

Kind regards...

Clueless of Plymouth.

2. Like this you mean?
    Fuckin' Sale Signs | Osaka, Japan | Styleite

3. Yep - sort of...lol. When I enter the code into my sig from the website it just stays as the code instead displaying a 'smart' looking clickable banner...

4. I'm suffering with that dilemma, been trying to sort it out. If you look when someone is trying to reply with a quote in threads it does the same.
    However if you look some seem to know how to get around it. It's one of these smart bastards you need to track down.

5. Thanks rummers...I live in hope....*twiddles fingers*

6. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Ok, do you have an image you want to make in to a link or a link you want to put in your signature?

No. 1 I can do, No. 2, not so sure about... :)

7. I have a banner link from another website, basically an advert/picture which is clickable. The code provided by the website (which is tied to my username on the site) is supposed to display the banner when placed on other webpages etc. The problem is that the code, when put iito a signature block, on here for example, seems to remain as code...

I suppose in a way, it's like what you have in your signature block...

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

I think I've tried what you've outlined above before and it didn't work. I don't know why! Sorry.

However, I can tell you how to make a picture you upload yourself in to a clickable link.

1) Find pic, save it on your computer, make sure it fits required dimensions (500x100 pixels/ under 9kb I think)

2) Go to the Forum Links under Last 50+, then to Edit Profile and THEN Edit Signature.

3) Upload the relevant picture using Option 2

4) Click Insert Picture and [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] will appear in your signature box.

5) Copy the website address you want to attach to your picture. Highlight [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] and then click Insert Link. Paste your link in to the box and OK it.

6) Save Signature. Voila. ;-)