Advanced Nurse Practitioners in the Navy

I am a qualified nurse in the QA's and was just wondering if the navy has any Advanced Nurse Practitioners? If there are, how does one become one or is it a role reserved for officers?
I'm in the army and talking to colleagues there is this general belief that even if it were possible to become one in the army, I would probably have to transfer to the navy or RAF to get the opportunity to become one as these branches are more supportive of their nurses personal career development.
I don't know how far true this is so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Any advice will be welcome.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
I am a qualified nurse in the QA's and was just wondering if the navy has any Advanced Nurse Practitioners? If there are, how does one become one or is it a role reserved for officers?
I guess the real question is does the RN have a requirement for ANPs? I know the exact person to ask, will try tomorrow.

That's interesting news. So if I was a NCO nurse in the RN, what would the requirements be for me to gain ANP training if I wanted to progress in that direction.
In other words, say I was willing to apply for and self fund my training would I easily gain consent and support from the powers that be?

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's interesting news. So if I was a NCO nurse in the RN, what would the requirements be for me to gain ANP training if I wanted to progress in that direction.
In other words, say I was willing to apply for and self fund my training would I easily gain consent and support from the powers that be?
I'll ask....

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Before I get my SME answer, I'd just say that as he's said there is a need/requirement immediately that suggests it would be provided for by the RN, so most likely no need to self fund.